Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new member new bow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim300wsm View Post
    im waiting for the bow, a qad ultra rest hdx, a g5 quiver and broadheads and im still debating on the sight but im leaning towards an HHA Optimizer Lite Ultra 5019. i like the idea of a single pin sight. i have a 5 pin and its to much going on
    I'd advise you to get the 5519, HHA's are BRIGHT, and you'll be wanting the rheostat. Only time I ever expose all of the fiber is in deep shade. Great sight, and welcome to this site. Post pics when you've get your Onza set up. And the others where right, you'll find a lot of help here.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Default Onza 3 (New Member)

I purchased an Onza 3 about a month ago. This is my first Martin bow, my decision to purchase the Onza 3 quickly rose to concerns after reading about all the issues with TRG and SOS from string slap noise to extreme cable wear. As of yet I have had NO issues with cable wear, the bow is relatively quiet but there is a noticeable noise which I believe to be the string slapping the SOS.
    I have found the bow is very accurate and enjoyable to shoot. I am shooting a Victory HV arrow with Blazer vanes 29" at 329 grains and 65 lbs draw weight. The bow is shooting @ 300 fps with a QAD Ultra rest, string loop and rubber string silencers set at 29" draw.

So far I am very pleased but keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have issues with the TRG wearing the cables.

Semicop

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 Onzas, and not a problem one with either bow. Both are very quiet as well. Bought my first HHA sight last weekend, and LOVE it so far. Only problem I have seen with the sight is, it's too bright. I took some black electrical tape and placed it over the top half of the fiber optic wrap, and that did the trick. Still plenty bright to shoot well after sunset, but no more "halo" around the pin in the bright sunlight.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 days till delivery of my bow and 4 days till my qad ultra rest hdx and im losing sleep. I went to the range with a buddy today and I was itching like a crackhead for my new bow. I did shoot a little. Im counting the minutes till delivery

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 days till delivery of my bow and 4 days till my qad ultra rest hdx and im losing sleep. I went to the range with a buddy today and I was itching like a crackhead for my new bow. I did shoot a little. Im counting the minutes till delivery
    Wow you got it bad!!!! time to run to a pro shop and shoot a few new bows to release a little tension.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cool It should have come by now....

Where's the love, bro? No pictures, no review, no nothing, what's up? Hit us back on here we have been waiting with you.

M4L v1_tn.jpg

Smarten Up and Martin Up
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

I got the bow on Thursday and got it all setup but due to having two jobs I didn't get to shoot till Sunday I have to admit im very happy with it so far. Its fast accurate and quiet. I spent about 20 minutes sighting it in and then an hour having fun I love the bow i'll post some pics soon

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i'll post some pics soon
    yeah baby!!!!! that's what we are waiting for.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard! Tim

I had zero bow experience and learned to time mine so it can't be that hard. There are YouTube videos and threads here. If that don't work you can PM me for my number and I will talk you through it. It's not that bad but seems intimidating at first.
    Firecat 400