Thread: need an sos or something similar

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default need an sos or something similar

deer season has been open in florida a few weeks now. i have an 11 martin exile. my bow is actually pretty quite and all i have on it is the limbsaver kit that comes with the stabilizer and the limb and string silencers. i have been thinking about getting an SOS. the exile does not come with one , it only has the trg but there is holes there pre drilled for it. I want some kind of string supressor but i have heard almost nothing but bad reviews about the sos. then again i have heard almost nothing but bad reviews about the trg, yet i have shot my bow hundreds of times and never had a problem with mine so to speak. the trg is wearing the strings a little but i keep that spot waxed pretty regularly. the sos is cheap, i have seen it on amazon and a few other places and its around 20-25 dollars. should i get it for simplicity since it fits the trg or is there another supressor i should try. any tips or help would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Your bow should have a slot machined below the stabilizer hole that will accect the 2011 low mount STS which is part #8812. It should be available direct through Martin on their web site or through any Martin dealer.

Advantage Custom Strings

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

are you suggesting the sts over the sos. i cannot even find the sos for sale on martins site. it is product 8811. i have read reviews saying that the sos and trg can be dealt with as long as it is adjusted along with your draw weight and such other wise you will have problems. im guessing the 2011 sts is out due to the problems with the sos. thanks for the help. I am also looking at a limbsaver decelerator. its a little more pricy at 45 dollars but i have read good reviews and it fits onto stabilizer mount.

Post Thanks / Like

Not suggesting one over the other, just giving another option. I still have the TRG/SOS on my own Onza and have no current plans to change, as the combination works well for me.

Advantage Custom Strings

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

being that i already have the trg i kind of just want to put on the sos. it seems simple to install and if installed correctly that i should have no problems with it. i have shot the crap out of my bow and have not had a problem with it yet. i did notice that on martins sight the only sts it brough up was an 09 with a different # than what you listed. i have no idea if it will fit an 11 or not. 8811 is the sos which is also unavalable on their sight. i could only find the sos for sell brand new on amazon for 22 dollars so if i get it, is suppose that is where it will come from. otherwise i may get the limbsave decelerator. but thank you for your help