Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New onza 3!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New onza 3!!!

just got the tracking number my onza is on the way and should be here on the 5th!!! im really excited. ive heard alot of good things about the bow but i have heard they dont make the ibo speed anyone crono theirs im just wondering how close i can get. i shoot 70lbs and have a 31" draw so i should be able to get the most out of it

Post Thanks / Like

there is a thread over on AT where ike outdoors tested the onza 3's IBO and he got 338 & 339 out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you try one in a shop somewhere? The website lists the draw length out to 30.5" Somewhere on here there were threads about the measurements being off for DL. Post some photos when it come in and welcome to the forum.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Speed is subjective to the user, and most people's setups do not come close to IBO. This isn't because of a problem with the bow, but because of variances in setups; longer/shorter draws, heavier/lighter arrows, weight on the string including peep, d-loop, silencers, etc. As you can see from my sig, I don't come close to IBO speed with my Onza but I have a short draw, and shoot a heavier arrow.

Ike Outdoors originally tested the Onza with his personal settings, which are far shorter than IBO test setups. Martin sent him another Onza setup at IBO to test. You can see both video reviews here:

Last edited by wscywabbit; 09-29-2011 at 07:14 AM.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

According to the shop that setup my bow I am shooting a 413gr arrow with at 28.5 AMO length at 60#. They chronoed the arrow and it shoots at 281fps.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharxfan View Post
    According to the shop that setup my bow I am shooting a 413gr arrow with at 28.5 AMO length at 60#. They chronoed the arrow and it shoots at 281fps.
    That is a lot of speed on the kinetic energy that arrow is putting out. Poor deer!!!! it ain't got a chance

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yup they say 72.4 Ft/Lbs of KE. I am going out again this Sunday in the AM to take advantage of a cold front that is here for the next few days. I would be out on Saturday but my girls have basketball camp/clinic on that day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Onza 3

Quote Originally Posted by tim300wsm View Post
    just got the tracking number my onza is on the way and should be here on the 5th!!! im really excited. ive heard alot of good things about the bow but i have heard they dont make the ibo speed anyone crono theirs im just wondering how close i can get. i shoot 70lbs and have a 31" draw so i should be able to get the most out of it
    I am shooting an Onza 3 at 29" draw and 65 lbs with Victory HV arrows weighing 329 grains. My bow is shooting 300 fps with a string loop and cat whiskers.

Post Thanks / Like

I just hope it shoots faster than my buddies hoyt and bear carnage so I can give them some ____ for spending so much more and getting smoked by a martin

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2011 Onza set at 73# draw, 28.25 inches. Shooting a 383 gr. arrow @ 302 fps.
    My other Onza is a 2011 at 60# draw 28.25 inches. Shooting a 365 gr. arrow @ 289 fps.
    I have shot both bows through 2 chrono's, and got the same readings on both, so I know they are accurate.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.