Thread: cables crossing

Post Thanks / Like

Default cables crossing

got a question ! i know the the cables are supposed to cross under the cable slide, i just put new string and cables on my onza 3 went out to shoot it and noticed they were crossed at the top of the slide, shot it anyway nothing happened. is there a problem such as bow blowing up, loss of speed, with the cables x ing at the top, just wondering? kinda like the looks x ing at the top!
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

It won't hurt anything. If it shoots well for you that way and you like it that's all that important. It certainly won't cause the bow to blow up.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

i am not a bow expert like some of the folks on here,dose nt that mean some thing is not routed right? if so my thought is , it may cause a derail of the cables or string?or a un even tork on the cams or idler ,hope u get it right

Post Thanks / Like

The cables should cross below the rod/slide. The worst thing that will happen with them crossing above.........you could have accelerated wear on the cables and /or slide. For all the harder it is to change them, I would take the time to do it.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Some swear up and down either is fine. To me, below crosses them much closer to the middle of the bow. This has to be easier on the cables going in and out of the cam/module grooves.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Whatever floats your boat...

Just took a look at some Martin catalogs and noticed that like in 2003 with only the cable slide being used more bows are pictured with the cross above the slide then below. But no consistency. Looking at the 2011 catalog with the TRG on all the bows pictured, all of them have the cross below the TRG. I have heard it said before that it really doesn't matter, whatever works best for you.

I think on the single cam bows like mine, I prefer the cross to be above the slide as it creates a less acute angle of string to the cam located at the bottom limb and that the angle for the top does not effect lean because they are attached to just the outside of the axles. So for my single cam I am opting for crossing the string above the cable slide as I presently have it.

Dual cam bows might be better served by putting the cross below the cable slide thus creating a more equal stress on both cams and reducing cam lean.

Smarten Up and Martin Up
    Last edited by peace; 10-03-2011 at 07:11 AM.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com