Thread: no peep

Post Thanks / Like

Default no peep

i'm on a roll 2 posts in a few mins. ! i just shot the onza 3 without a peep in the string no kind of a rear sight.
    does anyone routinlly shoot without a peep on here? i didn't group quite as good as i do with a peep, but it wasn't that bad for the first time. should gain about 5 fps, no string sliencers another 5 or so fps.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowgramp59 View Post
    i'm on a roll 2 posts in a few mins. ! i just shot the onza 3 without a peep in the string no kind of a rear sight.
    does anyone routinlly shoot without a peep on here? i didn't group quite as good as i do with a peep, but it wasn't that bad for the first time. should gain about 5 fps, no string sliencers another 5 or so fps.
    I believe gibson787 does. You would have to pm him.

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

tried it,hated it. the peep just gives a bit more accuracy
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

i have to admit hawg, i didnt use one at all when i started out, but never again without a peep ,good luc

Post Thanks / Like

Without a peep, you'll lose your rear sight. I'd rather have the accuracy than the speed, what few fps you'd pick up without a peep. Just sayin.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

When I bought my Bengal in fall of '09, that was the first time I had tried a drop rest or release...AND...first time ever with a peep.
    I shot fingers and used a sight without a peep since the brass pin days. (how have archery peep sights been around?)

My groups are tighter now, I assume mostly due to the release, but I can see where the peep helps especially if your form and/or anchor point gets slightly off.

FYI: speed tests I've done on my current bow showed about 2fps loss adding G5 Meta Peep, and I've seen only 1fps with cat whiskers on all three of our bows.
    (can't remember the exact loss I had from the tube peep I had at first right now, but it was more than double the tubeless peep)
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Shoot Instinctely?

I shoot my recurve instinctively, no peep, no sights and love it. The compound requires all of the pull, hold, prepare and sight, where with the recurve I can just fling arrows, truly liberating.

Smarten Up and Martin Up
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

I use the eliminator pro rear site. no peep, gain the few fps with out it on my string, just have a few string chubs on there and a d loop. It gives you a rear sight, with no peep, accuracy is just as good, makes my anchor more consistent. I like it, kinda expensive, and a bit of a hassle to get dialed in, but I enjoy it now. I used a cobra 5 pin sight with it, took all but 2 pins out, so I have a huge objective, one pin at 25 the other at 35. and its extended which gives a longer distance between front and rear site making it a bit more accurate.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    I shoot my recurve instinctively, no peep, no sights and love it. The compound requires all of the pull, hold, prepare and sight, where with the recurve I can just fling arrows, truly liberating.

Smarten Up and Martin Up
    Love shooting instictively, and am looking for a recurve now, I shoot my Cougar instintively, with fingers, and no peep. I enjoy field rounds with Ole Blue, just want that recurve arrow flight again, the ole eye can hardly keep up with the 299 fps the 320 gr Goldtip Velocity 400s I shoot out of Ole Blue fly at.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 10-03-2011 at 02:08 PM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

since i posted i shot some from 30 yrds. i think i will put that peep back in there. thanks for all the replies.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,