Thread: cable guard question

Post Thanks / Like

Default cable guard question

is there any rime or reason on how a off set cable guard is set, i got the book out and it dose not clearing explain, should the offset be cantered up [ie 12/ 3 oclock] or 3/ to 600 oclock . mine has always been at lets say 330, but at a site i was at today, it clearly states it should be cantered up on a single cam bow , whats every ones opinion please,

Post Thanks / Like

I set mine so that my fletching just clears the cables. I don't worry about clocking it.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Senior Member Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends if it is right handed or left handed. 4 o'clock or 8 o'clock once set. Nock an arrow then bring it within an 1/8 to 1/4" of the vane. That will take off as much pressure off the cam and idler wheel.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Depends if it is right handed or left handed. 4 o'clock or 8 o'clock once set. Nock an arrow then bring it within an 1/8 to 1/4" of the vane. That will take off as much pressure off the cam and idler wheel.

Hutch
    ok its a tighty righty, and mines at about 3.30, clearance to fletching is about 3/16,my next question would be if its dailed in now ,and i move the cable guide will i have to re tune?

Senior Member Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polaris754 View Post
    ok its a tighty righty, and mines at about 3.30, clearance to fletching is about 3/16,my next question would be if its dailed in now ,and i move the cable guide will i have to re tune?
    Not enough to make a difference. But it depends on how far you move it. If you move it a little you would be okay. A lot, would change lateral torque and change nock and peep height.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Not enough to make a difference. But it depends on how far you move it. If you move it a little you would be okay. A lot, would change lateral torque and change nock and peep height.

Hutch
    thanks hutch