Thread: 2011 Shadowcat

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 Shadowcat

Can a 2011 Shadowcat be paper tuned ?

Post Thanks / Like

should be able to, some random bows just "dont look right" when properly tuned.
    i thought this was a joke
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming you pay attention to details before and when setting up the bow it shouldn't be any harder to paper tune than any ther bow. However, I've never been able to get a perfect tune with either of my Aliens so who's to say. Some bows just defy logic.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

As a finger shooter, paper tuning does not always work too well, although I have done it, back in my dim and distant past.

Regarding the Shadowcat, you will probably find you need to use slightly stiffer arrows than usual and also you will need the arrow rest much closer to the riser than you would expect.

Don't ask me the why's and wherefore's of the above, but mine both shoot brilliantly set up that way.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

I currently use lightspeed 400's at 28 inch and 64 pounds and have trouble getting them to come out of the bow nicely. I shoot with a tru-ball bossX release has any one got any ideas

Post Thanks / Like

some folks say that paper tuning is over-rated..unless you're just going to shoot paper at 12 feet.
    seriously, i've had bows that paper tuned but when i walk back tune them they were out of tune. just the way it is sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool I Wonder...

For a number of years I have run this over my mind again and again and can't comprehend how much the paper is going to tell me when the arrow leaves the bow under the violent effects of archer's paradox? I am much more concerned about the flight of the arrow after correction and how it enters the target. If I have to determine the flight upon release I really can only count on what I might see on slow motion video. Paper tuning seems like witchcraft to me.

Center shot, nock height and spine along with clearance are the major factors for me. Maybe I am missing something here, if there is a mathematical formula which tells me exactly how far away from the bow my paper should be to where the effects of archer's paradox no longer cause an arbitrary reading, then I would probably be able to have more faith in paper tuning.

Please believe I am not claiming any degree of expertise, just my amateurish commonsensical approach. I am definitely open to more learned and experienced viewpoints.

Smarten Up and Martin Up
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Thring View Post
    I currently use lightspeed 400's at 28 inch and 64 pounds and have trouble getting them to come out of the bow nicely. I shoot with a tru-ball bossX release has any one got any ideas
    Try some 340's.

I shoot 30" arrows and have used Lightspeed 400's on all my 60 lb bows since around 2005. My Shadowcat's don't like them, and the always swing left before stabilising (remember I shoot fingers). This is a sign that the spine is too soft (limber), so I tried some 340's and they were a lot better.

In the end I came away from Lightspeeds, as even the 340's did not 'feel' right, and changed to Sky Art, as I had some here. They work really well.

Try to find a handful of cheap, light 340's and see how you get on.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking maybe starting a little higher on your knock point than normal.... then french tune. Then check it through paper. I use paper to correct any porpoising , but thats about it.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight