Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So 2012 Bows Are StartingTo Hit The Market

Post Thanks / Like

Default So 2012 Bows Are StartingTo Hit The Market

I have just had some time to browse the Internet and saw that a few companies have released their 2012 lines. Does anyone know when Martin will be releasing their 2012 line up?

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

the pro shops in my area never got the 2011 line. which really bugs me,still. i had over $1200 in hand to spend and really wanted to shoot the Onza 3,FC 400,and the Crossfire. i could've made the 3.5hr drive to Cabela's, but didn't want to or figure i should have to when there are several Martin dealers within 1hr from me. Dick's didnt even have anything newer than an '09. like ive said in other posts. if Martin doesn't care enough to get their line up to the public,I'll just shoot something else. no biggie to me.

dont take this as a Martin bash,cuz it's not. I've owned a few and never had a problem with them one time and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. IF i could find one when i wanted it. My last one was an '08 Cheetah and it was a great bow. only reason i sold it is because i wanted a short ata dual cam. i couldn't find a Martin that suited my price range. I got an awesome deal on my Quest XPB. which reminds me....new post coming up. won't jak your thread. lol
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Hawg Envy- I am from Ionia as well but currently live in Mt. Pleasant where I am attending grad school. Instead of making a 3.5 hr trip to Cabelas, why don't you make the hour and a half trip to Jays in clare? They carry Martin & they have probably the largest bow selection in the state.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I never thought about Jay's. I've been there twice. HUGE selection. Do you have relatives on Portland rd?
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

They usually start tossing some hints about mid October. Associated with a sales rep it's been past practice to not offically release anything to the public till after their big sales meeting with reps sometime in November. It's been different with the Rytera lineup. They don't release anything offical till after the ATA show as a general rule.

Re what Hawg was saying about a lack of dealers I'd like to explain my experience as a sales rep in 1993 for Pearson. Realize that dealers have to purchase their bows and everything they sell. This can amount to a ton of money, literally. Many shops don't have the cash to have everything on stock all the time. When the economy goes to pot such as the last few years they pare back just like everybody else. They know they aren't going to sell as many bows so will only stock the more popular selling bows and those with the highest profit margin. That doesn't mean they can't get them. Any shop can order a Gold series. Pros shops arte different in what they can sell, but economics plays a part with them, too.

It's been my experience , too, that not all sales reps are created equal. If they don't show up with samples to show a dealer he may not order anything. I talked with one of my dealers that hadn't even seen a rep from a certain bow company for 3 years. He was totally surprised and pleased to see me and did place a nice order. So just saying that the reps have to do their job, too. Then again the dealer may have leftovers from previous years he's trying to sell. If he can't sell stock from previous years he's less likely to order "the latest and greatest". He's got to live, too.

Bows not being stocked by dealers has very little to do with the factory. Yes, sometimes a manufacturer doesn't fill an order as timely as they should so oders get canceled. Most times not being able to fulfill orders or taking a long time to do sois not always the manufacturer's fault totally. There are those who outsource such things as machining of parts (risers, cams, modules, etc) and have trouble with those vendors, maybe in both quantity and/or quality. Same can be said for dipping or powder coating of risers.

Not making excuses for Martin or anybody else. It's just how this archery business is.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

i called martin and asked when they will release the new bows and was told around the last week of the month

Post Thanks / Like

i hope the risers are a bit more sleek for the 2012 line up.

Post Thanks / Like

As my signature says, I am associated with Athens. They told me the other day that they will not release any details of the new bows until January.

Not that that affects me, as UK customs currently have my Excell; so I've not even handled a 2011 model yet!
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

I came across an image directory for the 2012 site, but wasn't anything of note in there, yet. Mainly background graphics and old product.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

This will be interesting to see if they have shelved the TRG/SOS. A refined system with maybe a roller for the cables instead of sliding them across the TRG may be something that will help with the premature wear. A dual string stop system would be a nice addition too.

They def. need to keep a better eye on quality control for 2012.

It will be interesting to see what the top manufacturers offer, as there are some smaller companies that are coming out with some impressive bows that match the big boys. The big boys need to keep ahead, and that is by innovation and quality control.