Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see from Martin in 2012?

Post Thanks / Like

Question What would you like to see from Martin in 2012?

I would like to see a 35" or 36" ATA bow with single and or dual cams that included a 31" draw length similar to the Rytera Alien Z. That is all I am looking for, anywhere from 320 fps plus would be quite satisfactory.

M4L v1_tn.jpg

Smarten Up and Martin Up
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see a little better qc, and maybe a 2010 warthog spec bow, in the rytera brand.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

anything w Barnesdale limbs and an actual BLACK finish and no mandatory carbon fiber look crap if ya want black. stainless steel stabilizer bushings. the ability to swap from a single cam to hybrid/dual/binary cams w/o worrying about swapping limbs,too.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

A pro series Recurve bow ILF take down. Similar to Hoyt Excels, formula excel, or formula RX.

Post Thanks / Like

In 2012:

I would like a return to anodised riser finish, or a better powder coat finish.

Do not drop the Shadowcat from the range, as there are precious few 40" ATA bows left (especially if you do not care for Hoyt's styling).
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see some bows that actually live up to the specs they claim. A single and dual cam bow, no hybrid cams. I kinda like the looks of their bows right now. I hope they come out with something that works instead of having to replace it cause it didn't work.
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    I would like to see some bows that actually live up to the specs they claim.
    1. Bingo! Just as Cyclepath said. Many other brand bows are MUCH closer to spec so I know Martin can do it too. Actually, I would like to see all of the single cams IBO at 330 or higher just like Diamond. That always gets people's attention. A real 325 would be nice even.

2. Bows leaving the shop in a near perfect state of tune. Take the time and get it right so the shop selling it or customer doesn't have to do it. My bow was so out of wack that it wasn't funny. My timing was way off, my poundage was low. It never should have left Martin that way!

3. A more durable camo dip. Mine is very thin easily damaged. When I put some blue easy release painters tape on it to protect it while working on it and when I removed it the camo came off. I would have been better off not trying to protect it. Preferably do like BT/Diamond and do the clear rubberized coating. That is really a nice feature, really nice!

4. Continue to be innovative, but don't release something until it has been thoroughly tested in the field by many people. The TRG experiment never should have made it into production. It is a good idea that needs a little more R&D.

5. Don't rest your reputation on customer service. Get it right and let CS feel like the Maytag repairman of years gone buy. Lonely!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent thread!

I would like to see the "Cougar" re-introduced as Martin's flagship model. There is a reason there's a cougar on Martin's logo...use it! Of course, I say that, and when/if it happens the thing will be ugly as a rusty pipe wrench! NO MORE UGLY BOWS! And while we're at it, how about Martin starting a trend where we see a resurgence of bows with a buttery smooth draw, and less radical cams? There are still some archers that think a forgiving bow with repeatable accuracy, that is pleasurable to shoot is where it's at, and don't believe speed is the be all, end all.

Another thing I would like to see from Martin is a bump up in QUALITY. Take a little more time with the fit and finish. Maybe invest in some new coating technology for the hard parts. Some of these bows are used, and hunted with, over all types of terrain, in all types of weather. They don't live a pampered existence in a climate controlled vault, and may not only get taken out for range days, and matches. But I've seen many retail shop bows still hanging on the rack with rust already starting on the limb bolts, c-clips, etc. I know corrosion is something I really have to watch on my own bows to keep it in check...and that's not an easy thing to do without resorting to stinky, sticky, greasy solvents, cleaners, and lubricants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    , I would like to see all of the single cams IBO at 330 or higher just like Diamond. That always gets people's attention. A real 325 would be nice even.

!
    diamond black ice is rated at 310-318 IBO,so i dont think they are all 330 or better.
    http://www.diamondarchery.com/bow_blackice_flx_2010.php
    Last edited by gravedigger; 10-09-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Gravediggity

The Black Ice is no longer in production, it went the way of the Bengal.

All the full sized adult bows are as stated: Outlaw (330 fps), Fugitive (337 fps), Dead Eye (343 fps)
    Firecat 400