Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see from Martin in 2012?

Post Thanks / Like

what .would i like to see from Martin for 2012? how about a conditional pardon for Sonny Thomas? just wonderin'...

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously? I'd like to see a Shadow Cat single cam. My SC has a severe "bump" at the end of the draw cycle. Its bad enough that it sometimes causes the arrow to jump off the rest. Shouldn't do that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosII View Post
    what .would i like to see from Martin for 2012? how about a conditional pardon for Sonny Thomas? just wonderin'...
    I miss Sonny too! Can only wait and see. I don't know all that went down, and thus I can't make a judgement, but I do miss his perspective.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how much smother you can get than the Accu-Trak cams? My son's Pantera is ridiculously smooth to draw. Honestly they are getting binary cams so smooth I can't see a reason not to shoot one for the added flat trajectory. I can shoot my FC400 at 62# and get the same speed as a single cam at 70#. If you ever have a chance to shoot a BT Invasion you will wonder how they got a speed bow so smooth. It is really sweet for a 343 IBO bow. I think all companies will have cams like that real soon.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Mark,

I tend to think the other way around. Although it was a newer design I still think of the Ridge Hunter as a renamed Bengal. The Bengal (Tiger?) was more in line with the Martin theme. The Bengal, being one of Martin's more popular bows the last few years, has name recognition whereas the Ridge Hunter will be a forgotten name in a short time.
    I'm just giggin' Gravedigger and I figured Hutch would chime in too.

Like I said, it will always be a re-badged Ridge Hunter.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Mark,

I tend to think the other way around. Although it was a newer design I still think of the Ridge Hunter as a renamed Bengal. The Bengal (Tiger?) was more in line with the Martin theme. The Bengal, being one of Martin's more popular bows the last few years, has name recognition whereas the Ridge Hunter will be a forgotten name in a short time.
    I agree whole-heartedly, Martin is a brand that has, over a very long period of time, built valuable name recognition within it's model line-up. Even though each new generation of bow may be quite different, with nothing carried over from the older model, carrying forward the model name itself gives a customer piece of mind in knowing what to expect. Tossing out the old names, and replacing them with models that don't even fit within the Martin heritage gives a loyal, repeat customer pause...it is an unknown. This is such a powerful factor that name alone may keep an otherwise exemplary model from catching on, and rebuilding that customer following lost after the old, familar model was dropped, itself having to be dropped after a short time as a result, and restarted again with yet another new name! Mistakes like this cost a company MONEY!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    I thought the big cats like to approach from over ridges just as we hunt that way sometimes, thus the name Ridge Hunter, as it kind of fits all the cats and hunters...JMHO

Smarten Up and Martin Up
    Hunting a long, wide ridge can be very successful. But I would avoid coming up over a ridge, and skylighting myself at all costs. I really do wonder what the logic was in choosing this model name. Something that puzzles me even more..."THRESHOLD"! Where did THAT come from?

Sledge

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see the following:

1. Keep the heritage names...Cougar, Bengal and Firecat
    2. Return to anodized target finishes...flat black, red, emerald green and gold (Martin's corporate colors)
    3. New X cams with smooth draw but hard wall made for the Shadowcat for a return to Martin indoor dominance of the '80s and '90s
    4. New Warthog spec bow around 35-36" with true IBO of 350 for the speed nuts
    5. New single cam with no hump but more aggressive design to get speeds in the 335s
    6. Barnesdale LImbs
    7. better QC to have all bows tuned and in spec when they leave with speed and spec tag on it
    8. all bows measured with IBO specs when they leave based on a loop and not just naked string
    9. all film dip finishes should be have a hard clear duracoat finish applied
    10. stainless steel or chrome plated hardware for all tournament finishes like the old chrome of the '80s
    11. get away from the film dip carbon finish limbs. Replace them with high gloss metal flake silver or black with a durable clear coat finish and bright, full color logos under the duracoat.

That is it. Not too much on my list. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to have a full refund for any one who is owning a martin bow with the trg/sos system. Make it contingent on buying a new Martin or Rytera bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcriner View Post
    I would love to see the following:

1. Keep the heritage names...Cougar, Bengal and Firecat
    2. Return to anodized target finishes...flat black, red, emerald green and gold (Martin's corporate colors)
    3. New X cams with smooth draw but hard wall made for the Shadowcat for a return to Martin indoor dominance of the '80s and '90s
    4. New Warthog spec bow around 35-36" with true IBO of 350 for the speed nuts
    5. New single cam with no hump but more aggressive design to get speeds in the 335s
    6. Barnesdale LImbs
    7. better QC to have all bows tuned and in spec when they leave with speed and spec tag on it
    8. all bows measured with IBO specs when they leave based on a loop and not just naked string
    9. all film dip finishes should be have a hard clear duracoat finish applied
    10. stainless steel or chrome plated hardware for all tournament finishes like the old chrome of the '80s
    11. get away from the film dip carbon finish limbs. Replace them with high gloss metal flake silver or black with a durable clear coat finish and bright, full color logos under the duracoat.

That is it. Not too much on my list. :-)
    I'm seeing a lot of commonality between many Martin shooters. There is at least one company out there that does many of these things already and they have gone from upstart to a major player in about 20 years (minus the flashy paint jobs). With 60 plus years in the business you would think Martin would want their piece of the pie back!
    Firecat 400