Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Use A Bow Sling? Show Us Pic If You Have Them. (Not Wrist Sling)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do You Use A Bow Sling? Show Us Pic If You Have Them. (Not Wrist Sling)

I am thinking of using a bow sling in the future to carry my bow to the blind or stand. I think they would be very handy and also add a measure of safety leaving my hand free for other things.

I noticed there are basically two styles, one covers the string/cables/cams and the other is more basic is just a carry strap that attaches to the riser. I can see where both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I'm curious what types you guys use and how you like them. Are the cam/cable coverage oned noisy to remove. I have enough NOISY Velcro and zippers in my blind I don't want to make anymore noise than I have to.
    Last edited by MLN1963; 10-09-2011 at 07:06 AM.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use one like in pic # 2... But now I use a primos like pic #3. I LOVE IT. My walk into my treestands very. One of them is a solid 600 yard walk! It allows my to carry other things in with me, and also I like how the Primos protects my strings, cables, and cams. I once had my peep get knocked off on my way hunting, luckily I use white-out and mark my peep and string so I can see if it has been tinkered with, and I caught it before I took a shot. The primos is easy to use, and so far well worth the $20....
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

and as far as noise... silent. The buttons snap quietly, and the way it covers the cams is quiet as well... No issues there... and it folds up small enough to store in a pack, although I usually just toss it under a log or at the base of my tree.....
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

I used a Bow sling made by Primos two seasons ago. I'll probably never use one again. I bought it for the convenience to place behind me while I hike and be able to have both hands free. It worked against me. Not the slings fault at all....I fell and slid down a canyon when I crossed some loose shale rock. Like I said, it wasn't the Slings fault but I learned that I will never carry a bow on my back while on uneven terrain. Which Is the terrain I mainly hunt in. I had the bow slinged centered on the middle of the back. Due to the step angle I went down straight on my back. I heard the crunch of metal. Long story made short, After stopping my slide. I checked and counted my BH's making sure none were missing from the broken Quiver and making sure they were accounted for and not in me. My PSE brute was totally destroyed. Cams, Strings, Quiver, Sight bent, Even three out of the four Victory arrows were broken. I went down hard. If I had been carrying the bow in my hand like I normally had done I would have held the bow up as I slid down the canyon. Protecting the bow. The Sling came out undamaged just with some skuff marks. I gave the Sling away to a young kid. Just be aware of the bows location when slinged crossing uneven ground.

Rest in Peace my PSE Brute. lol

Last edited by Double S; 10-09-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

i do not use a sling,but my buddy uses #3.as a spot and stalk hunter it does not work to well.takes time to get yor bow off your back,then remove the case and go from there.sling 1 or 2 might just be the ticket.i think i will take one of my slings for my trimmer and make a bow sling.i get a bit tired carrying my bow 15+miles a day walking

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why matter of fact............

I do use one, looks an awfull lot like 4x5's only it is a differant camo pattern on the non-slip Pad... We will be taking a few new pictures soon .. as was requested in the other thread... And ya Im Back Realy never left..I was always right here......lol hahahha

We have a unique feature on our slings, it carries the bow string down ( its ok calm down) quiver to the out side.
    Grip your bow roll it over as you shrug the sling off the sholder, pluck an arrow out, nock it ,clip on and draw the bow. Get that pin on the bulls chest and shoot......... thats right shoot, no need to remove sling, just be sure its safely hanging out of the way on the off side with the quiver....after miles on miles the lightest of bows gets heavy and thou I may not want to carry it after 5 miles. I darn sure want it ready if I jump some game in the next 100 yards...
    Last edited by ElkSlayer; 10-09-2011 at 12:49 PM.
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Had one like in the picture below....

It worked well with quick releases until it went missing with some other gear from my car. I liked that you could bring the bow up and draw if you had to with it still attached.

bowsling.jpg

M4L v1_tn.jpg

Smarten Up and Martin Up
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    I do use one, looks an awfull lot like 4x5's only it is a differant camo pattern on the non-slip Pad... We will be taking a few new pictures soon .. as was requested in the other thread... And ya Im Back Realy never left..I was always right here......lol hahahha

We have a unique feature on our slings, it carries the bow string down ( its ok calm down) quiver to the out side.
    Grip your bow roll it over as you shrug the sling off the sholder, pluck an arrow out, nock it ,clip on and draw the bow. Get that pin on the bulls chest and shoot......... thats right shoot, no need to remove sling, just be sure its safely hanging out of the way on the off side with the quiver....after miles on miles the lightest of bows gets heavy and thou I may not want to carry it after 5 miles. I darn sure want it ready if I jump some game in the next 100 yards...
    welcome back elksalyer.long time no see.glad to have ya back in action

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    welcome back elksalyer.long time no see.glad to have ya back in action
    x2 Where have you been ES? Let me guess.....hunting?
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Mysterious ElkSlayer is back!!!!!!
    Welcome back!

Hutch

Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com