Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Use A Bow Sling? Show Us Pic If You Have Them. (Not Wrist Sling)

Post Thanks / Like

yep use the primos one in pic 3 , luv it , when i carry my blind on my back it allows me to keep my arms free for flash lites and beer !kiddin on the beer

Post Thanks / Like

I hike a lot hunting Elk in the Rockies and a sling comes in handy for a lot of things besides carrying the bow.!

Post Thanks / Like

The first two pictures look like you could use them in a hurry to get a shot off. The third looks like it would be good in the rain to keep your string and cables from getting wet and messing up your arrow speed. It would also be nice if you know it is just to protect your bow on the way to/from a stand or blind.

Does anyone know what the kind the first one is. My quick Google search didn't find anything.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I used the cheap Allen bow sling a few times. It would slip off the cams too much so dumped it.

The Primos looks good. I want one so that when I'm raising and lowering my bow to the ground, it will keep the dirt off it and whatever else off it, plus scratching up the cams or what not.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default dont use one

or you could just man up and walk with it in your hand....just picking guys, but seriously i dont use a sling i just carry it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    or you could just man up and walk with it in your hand....just picking guys, but seriously i dont use a sling i just carry it
    me to.i want to be ready to shoot when its time to shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use one either but I thought about getting one. I carry enough stuff with me now to keep up with something else.JMHO
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a rubber sling very similar to #1 but it really sucked, so I made my own. It is'nt raining today, so I'll make a video of my sling in action for you guys later today. You find it posted in the bowhunting section. Till then heres a description of the sling. An adjustable 1`" nylon web running thru a shoulder pad made of mini cell foam cover in various camo patterns, and Toughtech 9000, a durable abrasion resistant, non-scuff material that retains its grip, wet or dry. The sling attaches to you bow just below the limb cups and fastens with velcro, The whole thing weighs a few ounces and as you can see in the last pic easily gets out out the way for a shot.

Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 10-11-2011 at 05:06 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    I had a rubber sling very similar to #1 but it really sucked, so I made my own. It is'nt raining today, so I'll make a video of my sling in action for you guys later today. You find it posted in the bowhunting section. Till then heres a description of the sling. An adjustable 1`" nylon web running thru a shoulder pad made of mini cell foam cover in various camo patterns, and Toughtech 9000, a durable abrasion resistant, non-scuff material that retains its grip, wet or dry. The sling attaches to you bow just below the limb cups and fastens with velcro, The whole thing weighs a few ounces and as you can see in the last pic easily gets out out the way for a shot.

Well, at least it was'nt, although its pouring right now, lets hope it will clear. Although NOAA's site says, 90% chance of showers today, we'll see. Or maybe you won't. Tried to do this yesterday, but every time I went out, down came the rain, guess thats why its so green here.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 10-11-2011 at 05:39 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Well, at least it was'nt, although its pouring right now, lets hope it will clear.
    i got a good amount of rain coming down out in the grove