Thread: Will Or Would Martin Archery ever make a Crossbow???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Will Or Would Martin Archery ever make a Crossbow???

Just wondering will Martin Archery ever make a Crossbow ?? Sense there are a lot of states making them legal for everyone to hunt with ..I know some others make or just put their name on some like PSe and bowhec...

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose that its possible, but they are still building 3 kinds of bows, longbows, recurves, and compound. No reason they can't add a fourth type.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting thought, but crossbows are a whole different type of technology.

Martin already have design and manufacturing expertise with the types of bow they make and sell, and that expertise spans three generations. With crossbows, the limbs and cams are only one component, you need to add a rail, sight mounts, stock and most importantly trigger. Unless they can find an 'industry expert' to hire or work alongside, I think coming up with a new crossbow design would be pretty time consuming.

Still, you never know.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't please all the people, all the time...and when you try, you just wind up spreading yourself too thin. Starting a line of crossbows would require a huge cash outlay from the start just for more square footage in which to work, new tooling, new engineers, new line employees, new marketing. Then there's already plenty of manufacturers in the crossbow buisness, and none of them are making bad bows. If Martin jumped into that market, they would be starting off on the bottom rung as far as a potential customer is concerned, and fighting tooth and nail on the way up with some very experienced players that have wide name recognition in that field.
    To be anything more than an "also-ran" in that market, they would really need to have something that sets them apart from the competition, or failing that, the willingness and ability to build a similar product BETTER than everyone else, without charging too much more for it. Honestly, is Martin doing that now with the bows they're already making? I can't say for sure, and being a loyal Martin shooter I am rather biased, but from what I've gathered in all the reading I've been doing recently on all these archery forums....when "the best" is brought up as a line of discussion, not only is Martin not a top contender, but has on several occasions specifically been called out as second-rate. I guess we're all allowed to make our own opinions

Sledge

Post Thanks / Like

I would be interested in seeing it if they decided to make one. which would you prefer, compound or recurve crossbow?
    2003 Martin Prowler SE
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT
    Easton Arrows
    Trophy Ridge Sights
    QAD Rest
    Crimson Talon XT broadheads

Post Thanks / Like

i really hope martin stays away from crossbows.