Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey all Any of ya seen 4X5 hear he's lookin fer me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Right now I am in college full time to become a machinist and I also work part-time. Consequently I haven't had time to make strings in the last couple months. I will be back making strings and tuning bows when I have extra time. By the way, can you give me a definition of "extra time"? LOL

Brad
    Looked it up but that page was missing sorry. LOL

Sounds great I'm going to need a new string soon just need to get clearance from Dr. I have been shooting a little but not much. I hope all goes well with your college make the most of it.

Will
    08' Martin Saber
    27" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA
    Limbsaver Elite Prism 5 Pin Sight
    NAP Apache, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" with FOB's and Grim Reaper BH
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. Gen 27:3 NKJV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    yep sure have my friend... he is sitting right here playing with our Fox Pro's..making a list of dubbled sounds ok so not a woe is us story but if it helps took the wife out deer hunting and she made it 6 hours sitting in the cool weather befor limping back out to the truck on her hip replacment laid in bed rest of the day and some of the next...Me well Iam sore as can be from a life as a Machinist and being the brush buster for the wifes deer hunting.. she spoted a mega buck saturday that got away from her and she set the "Dog on it"... me Knees are still recorving as is my buldging disc... I feal for you Will.. Would kill me to miss season after season. Gald to read your back, guess i got back on line Just in time. good wishies my friend for a speady trip back into the woods
    Greg
    Hey ES glad to hear from ya I bet I know how you and your Dad and wife feel right now (somebody has to blaze the trail).lol Those bear looked great I could just taste the shoulder roast. Man some times it is a pain just to get out in the field no pun intended and problems or not next year I am going hunting if it kills me. lol. man it is a killer to just sit back and listen to the stories and not have any of my own to through in. I would love to spend time in a blind right now even just to watch (if you believe that) haha.

Tell the ol rag horn I'm alright and appreciate concern and zeal in looking for me. I meant what I said in my original post.

Brad: I have just started looking into going back to college myself I am going to be a Pastor I got the calling and I am going to listen cuz when my Father talks I have learned to listen.

Will
    08' Martin Saber
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. Gen 27:3 NKJV

Post Thanks / Like

Hello brother! I was afraid that was where you were, sorta faded as I recovered, I've been praying for you. Unfortunatly, I'll be unable to cheer you up, as I'm feeling great, did spend too much time out weeding in the garden, got up one morning and cound'nt lift my right foot up enough to put a sock on. Get dressed, stand up and head to kitchen, right foot drag. So its off to the ER, and after I forget how many tests, ER doc says TIA...a pre stroke. But I feel great. More doctors, more tests, and the neurolgist says its " Strawberry Picker's Palsey". Turns out sitting on that milk crate all those weed pulling hours pinched a nerve behind my knee. Doc told me that it may take 6 month to a year before I walk normal again, but take a look at the video we made on the bowhunting forum " Stalker Bow sling", a slight foot drag. My biggest worry was the loss of my stealthy footfalls, did'nt happen ! I'm still real quiet walking thru a unit, and ride the bike even more. Real glad to here from you, you can see my nemesis in the background here. Nope, did'nt get a new bow, I'm talkin weeds!

Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 10-12-2011 at 04:12 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rottzilla View Post
    Looked it up but that page was missing sorry. LOL

Sounds great I'm going to need a new string soon just need to get clearance from Dr. I have been shooting a little but not much. I hope all goes well with your college make the most of it.

Will
    LOL Thanks Will.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rottzilla View Post

cuz when my Father talks I have learned to listen.

Will
    Me too, and that's a good thing.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Brad, so what sort of classes you taking..what is your goal..Cad & C.N.C ?
    tool & die ?

Will , keep doing what you can an soon enough you'll be back in a blind no time... We will take you along with us on our next day afield...was going to set out some trailcam's but awoke with gout in the left foot, feals like it's broken for thouse that dont have gout... any way so no walk in to the woods from me this AM....maybe latter when the boy gets home from school..
    trying to see who's moving thrugh where so I can set the wife up in a easy to drop her off spot. she cant walk far or over rough ground... So you see we are used to guiding the less agile hunter...Come on out some time... we can have that gimp shoot
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    Thanks Brad, so what sort of classes you taking..what is your goal..Cad & C.N.C ?
    tool & die ?
    When I'm done my two years(Associate's degree) I will probably get my certificate in C.N.C. I'll know when it gets closer to that time. Right now I'm taking Manufacturing Processes(MTTN 101), Machining(MTTN111), English 101, Algebra/Trig, and a dumb introduction to college course (not the exact name). On top of that I work part-time.

Post Thanks / Like

The Algebra and Trig would eat my lunch!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    The Algebra and Trig would eat my lunch!
    It certainly isn't my favorite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Hello brother! I was afraid that was where you were, sorta faded as I recovered, I've been praying for you. Unfortunatly, I'll be unable to cheer you up, as I'm feeling great, did spend too much time out weeding in the garden, got up one morning and cound'nt lift my right foot up enough to put a sock on. Get dressed, stand up and head to kitchen, right foot drag. So its off to the ER, and after I forget how many tests, ER doc says TIA...a pre stroke. But I feel great. More doctors, more tests, and the neurolgist says its " Strawberry Picker's Palsey". Turns out sitting on that milk crate all those weed pulling hours pinched a nerve behind my knee. Doc told me that it may take 6 month to a year before I walk normal again, but take a look at the video we made on the bowhunting forum " Stalker Bow sling", a slight foot drag. My biggest worry was the loss of my stealthy footfalls, did'nt happen ! I'm still real quiet walking thru a unit, and ride the bike even more. Real glad to here from you, you can see my nemesis in the background here. Nope, did'nt get a new bow, I'm talkin weeds!

Strawberry pickers palsey sounds a lot better than a pre-stroke. I am glad of that. I have been prayerful of you as well my brother. Glad to hear you are out there pounding the ground getting those trail cams checked. Those pics are great and had me wanting to move to Oregon. LOL

I know I will never get into a tree stand not that I have ever been in one (spot and stalk or blinds for me) always been that way but If I did want to I won't be able to. According to the Dr. I have been shooting a little more but still get to about 40-50 arrows and I can't move for the rest of the night, I need to get off the pain meds. Yuck I can't stand them. On a better note It does not look like I will need surgery. Yeah.

I am so sorry it took me so long to return your post, I was down and out for a couple of days thanks for all your prayers keep em coming.
    Blast those Weeds LOL.

Will
    08' Martin Saber