Thread: Rytera

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rytera

so i keep seeing and hearing about rytera bows. so i went to there website. they are made in walla walla just like martin and they even look like martin. so how are they related who owns who. and which is higher end

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Martin is the main company. Rytera is the high end of martin bows.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Rytera...

Ryan and Terry Martin I believe thus Rytera. As Hutch says they are the higher end bows in the Martin tradition. Another plus for Martin in my book.
    Would love an Alien Z and my dream bow is The Seeker 365.

Smarten Up and Martin Up
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

according to the sight the fastest one they had was 340 and that was the alien z and the seeker 365.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Martin is the main company. Rytera is the high end of martin bows.

Hutch
    Shame they had to split off into a whole different company just to offer bows made the way they should be made to start with. Of course I can see asking more for a bow if it's totally innovative, is made from exotic materials, or if it shoots lightening instead of arrows. I can see a price increase for offering high quality Barnsdale limbs, and for going above and beyond with fit and finish. Now granted, I've never held one in my hand, or even seen one up close...but are they REALLY that much better than the standard Martin line-up? And if they are, what does that say about Martin's bows? Because with such a simple, basic tool, as a modern compound bow is if you're really honest with yourself about what you're getting, how big of a gap can there really be?
    What I do know for sure is, as far as all these modern, cutting-edge bows go...IMO the Ryteras are more pleasing to the eye than most of what I've seen from the other brands. That's my two cents.

Sledge

Post Thanks / Like

So bothare made in walla walla so i guess Terry and Ryan must tell theyre people to hurry up with the standard line and dont worry about quality control.Then when comes to the Ryaterra line the word goes out take your your time guys we want these bows to be the best made with high quality control.What do you guys think ,should be the same for both but it is not.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to clue you guys in on something, being as I've had both Martin bows and presently have two Rytera's, an Alien Z and a Nemisis.
    The only major difference between the two lines is the machining of the risers.

When Martin was having problems with limbs (2008-2010) they opted to put Barnesdale limbs on the Rytera line. That pretty much came to an end earlier this year although some may still come with them till the stock is gone.

The respective cams (Vipro/Trans and Nitro/Hybrix) are identical to each other. My Nemisis actually came with one of each earlier this year. Hybrix on top and Nitro on the botom, which didn't sit well with Joel who graciously sent me a new matched pair. Somebody made a boo-boo and he corrected it.

Strings, roto-cups, and all the rest are the same. One major difference might be that none of the Rytera line came with the TRG/SOS setup. The X and Nemisis came with the normal rod/slide and the Z shipped with the CCS.

Biggest reason I opted for the two Ryteras is because none of the Martin line appealed to me. Too many short bows (30" to 33"). The only thing that I liked was the ShadowCat, but it would not go down to my 27" draw even with the 1.5 cams on it. I'm not real crazy about the Nemisis at 34". That 36" Z just shoots a bit better for me.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver