Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing the TRG/SOS to Rod & Slide With STS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Changing the TRG/SOS to Rod & Slide With STS

Hey Guys. I know a lot of you have replaced your TRG/SOS with the rod and slide and STS. I haven't had any issues with the TRG/SOS as of yet. *knock on wood* but I was wondering if changing over to the rod/slide and sts altered any of your yardage pins. Also, what positive or negative affects did it have? Such as noise, vibration, torque and so forth. Thanks in advance for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine changed my horizontal impact. I had to make a gang sight correction and I think a very small centershot correction.
    Last edited by MLN1963; 10-12-2011 at 06:03 PM.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

my bow is quiter , but i seem to have more cam lean than before, didn't have to ajust the sights at all, they need to stay with ccs system got 3 bows with the ccs , not a problem with none of these bows , theres to much tention on the outside cable on the trg , sooner or later you will have cable wear in this location, and the cable became flat instead of round on my onza 3 the inside cable was ok .
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

how do you get the rod and slide????

Post Thanks / Like

Call Martin CS, and they'll send you the rod and slide.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cost

Elkslayer, Did they charge you for it?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin CS

Called Martin, asked if there was any was to adjust the TRG..right away they sent me out a new cable slide, cables, rod and silencer...Wow only took 3 days .....Installed about 10 mins and no difference in sight at 20 yards havent tried from futher out yet...

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus111 View Post
    Elkslayer, Did they charge you for it?
    free of charge under warranty
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

i called they said to take pics and my camera wasent good so they were kinda blurry and today i want tomy pro shop to get some stuff added to my bow and the guy asks how olds the boy i said i got it on sunday hes like this trg needs to be fixed your string is waring down ive only shot about 75 times so far and the shooting string hits the trg when shot and is also waring down the shooting string and it has gotten real bad cuz i removed the trg 3 days ago when i called martin for the pics and when i shoot on release the shooting string comes up to my holding hand and snaps at my hand and thats a pritty far distance to travel in the oppisite direction and to hit my hand that hard that it leaves welts and there still not sending me my cable rod, slide and sts its really getting earritationg cuz im going on a hunting trip in 2 weeks and i still have yet to sight in my boow cuz i neeed the bar, slide and sts and they wont send it cuz they say is not brokenand i just spent so much money in it for after market stuff and if it brakes i will be so mad its a martin exile by the way

Post Thanks / Like

If your hitting your arm with your shoot string, you are trying to draw too long.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight