Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Martin Owner's Group - kind of long, be prepared.

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southwest, AR
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I love it when a plan comes together!

  2. #12
    Super Moderator Arrow Splitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gilmanton, NH, United States
    Posts
    3,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus777 View Post
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    So you like the show "A Team"? Me too.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southwest, AR
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yep, used to be one of my favorites!

    Murdoc: "OOoooh...I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok! I sleep all night, and work all day!"

    B.A.: "Murdoc, you crazy foo!"

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    390
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sounds like a rebranding pitch to me but.....im in. I love my bow, and do answer alot of questionsu about it at 3d shoots. If only martin made a few changes and a little more qc.... dam what an awesome bow they would have.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southwest, AR
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    Sounds like a rebranding pitch to me but.....im in. I love my bow, and do answer alot of questionsu about it at 3d shoots. If only martin made a few changes and a little more qc.... dam what an awesome bow they would have.
    Rebranding pitch? I'm not sure I understand, could you elaborate?

    I apologize if I have made myself misunderstood. Your post is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. That kind of enthusiam...the helpful attitude...the desire to have some input with regards to the equipment Martin makes. I'm talking about a group of people just like YOU...people that love their Martin bow(s), love shooting them, love talking about them...people that want to see Martin become the best it can be, producing the best archery tackle they can make. I'm talking about starting a group of like minded people that would become the public face of Martin Archery, showing that Martin is not just an archery tackle company, but a family, which includes everybody, from the board of directors, to engineers, to the guy running the cnc mill, to the gal that puts on the strings, to the customers, you and me! This group would promote good ethics in the sport, showcase the equipment Martin makes, and be a direct line from the consumer to the manufacturer that would help them improve their product...help them make the kind of equipment we want to buy and use! I'm talking about something I don't see in the industry right now, something that Martin could do FIRST, something that would give them a headstart on the competition in preparing for the future of this sport, and evolving into something more than just a company that makes and sells bows. Sound good?

    Sledge

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas in the backwoods
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Where do I sign?

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StokedPowerWagon View Post
    Where do I sign?
    Ditto my friend...

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nth Somerset, UK
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus777 View Post
    Your post is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. That kind of enthusiam...the helpful attitude...the desire to have some input with regards to the equipment Martin makes. I'm talking about a group of people just like YOU...people that love their Martin bow(s), love shooting them, love talking about them...people that want to see Martin become the best it can be, producing the best archery tackle they can make. I'm talking about starting a group of like minded people that would become the public face of Martin Archery, showing that Martin is not just an archery tackle company, but a family, which includes everybody, from the board of directors, to engineers, to the guy running the cnc mill, to the gal that puts on the strings, to the customers, you and me! This group would promote good ethics in the sport, showcase the equipment Martin makes, and be a direct line from the consumer to the manufacturer that would help them improve their product...help them make the kind of equipment we want to buy and use! I'm talking about something I don't see in the industry right now, something that Martin could do FIRST, something that would give them a headstart on the competition in preparing for the future of this sport, and evolving into something more than just a company that makes and sells bows. Sound good?

    Sledge
    I agree with the idea and the sentiment, but isn't a lot of that covered by staff shooter status?

    I am a staff shooter for Athens, and many of the ideas you have listed above are covered in my contract.

    However, one big difference is the matter of dialogue direct to the company. If the group could get a point of contact within the factory, a liaison officer of some sort, then that would be new.

    I know the Pro's contracted to many of the big guns have this sort of input, but I don't think anyone actively talks to 'grass roots' archers; if that could be achieved, it would be quite something.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

    Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southwest, AR
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    I agree with the idea and the sentiment, but isn't a lot of that covered by staff shooter status?

    I am a staff shooter for Athens, and many of the ideas you have listed above are covered in my contract.

    However, one big difference is the matter of dialogue direct to the company. If the group could get a point of contact within the factory, a liaison officer of some sort, then that would be new.

    I know the Pro's contracted to many of the big guns have this sort of input, but I don't think anyone actively talks to 'grass roots' archers; if that could be achieved, it would be quite something.
    I must admit, I don't know anything about what it takes to become a staff shooter, what it means, or what's involved. However, what I am advocating here is open to everyone, and does not require a contract, other than the personal pledge from each member to be safe, and promote safety in the sport; to be curteous and helpful to other archers; to help Martin to become a better an more efficient company, that produces the tackle it's customers want to buy and use, by submitting thoughts and ideas to the forum, by phone, or direct mail; and to become better archers themselves. Kind of like a Boy Scout pledge...nobody is saying you have to shoot Martin exclusively, and nobody will force you to live up to your pledge...but any person who would choose to become a part of this would already be a Martin owner, someone that already approves of Martin and the products it produces, and would likely have to be the type of person that would live up to their word, strive to better themselves, and want to do what they could to improve the sport they love for everyone, and for future generations. If successful, this would be our legacy to our sons and daughters, and to our grandchildren thereafter.
    Like you said yourself, this would be a grass roots sort of thing...but unlike the atmosphere in our current political system, this would be something Martin would actively encourage, and participate in. The things I'm talking about should be things Martin would want, because it would be beneficial to their buisness. Any company that can achieve a direct line to the hearts and minds of it's customers could not help but become more successful, and any consumer with a direct connection running the other way could not help but be ever more satisfied by that company, because it makes what they want, and they had a part in it.
    It really would be something, wouldn't it?

    Sledge

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nth Somerset, UK
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus777 View Post
    I must admit, I don't know anything about what it takes to become a staff shooter, what it means, or what's involved. However, what I am advocating here is open to everyone, and does not require a contract, other than the personal pledge from each member to be safe, and promote safety in the sport; to be curteous and helpful to other archers; to help Martin to become a better an more efficient company, that produces the tackle it's customers want to buy and use, by submitting thoughts and ideas to the forum, by phone, or direct mail; and to become better archers themselves. Kind of like a Boy Scout pledge...nobody is saying you have to shoot Martin exclusively, and nobody will force you to live up to your pledge...but any person who would choose to become a part of this would already be a Martin owner, someone that already approves of Martin and the products it produces, and would likely have to be the type of person that would live up to their word, strive to better themselves, and want to do what they could to improve the sport they love for everyone, and for future generations. If successful, this would be our legacy to our sons and daughters, and to our grandchildren thereafter.
    Like you said yourself, this would be a grass roots sort of thing...but unlike the atmosphere in our current political system, this would be something Martin would actively encourage, and participate in. The things I'm talking about should be things Martin would want, because it would be beneficial to their buisness. Any company that can achieve a direct line to the hearts and minds of it's customers could not help but become more successful, and any consumer with a direct connection running the other way could not help but be ever more satisfied by that company, because it makes what they want, and they had a part in it.
    It really would be something, wouldn't it?

    Sledge
    I think it's a brilliant idea, and it would be great if somebody at Martin could indicate what the board think about it.

    Does anybody on the forum have a factory contact, who could be asked to gauge interest in this idea?
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

    Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •