Thread: Any body from north Idaho

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any body from north Idaho

I'm moving to north Idaho in may when I get out the navy, any body from here or know of any good areas to hunt up there. I'll be going to college in lake coeur da lene area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    I'm moving to north Idaho in may when I get out the navy, any body from here or know of any good areas to hunt up there. I'll be going to college in lake coeur da lene area.
    I've done some dirt biking up there and love the area, but haven't hunted it (I'm in Boise). Suppose to be pretty good late season whitetail hunting nearby, and wolves haven't wiped out elk herds as bad as central Idaho.......and you can hunts those too again.
    I was just looking at the wolf harvest report, and see 8 have been taken so far this fall in the Panhandle region

Idaho Fish and Game has a little hunt planner section that helps see whats going on in the region ( http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/huntplanner/ ) and a lot of other info on the site you'll need to know.
    I suspect they'll probably be a bit tight lipped at first, but I'm sure once you get know a couple of the locals in town some good hunting opportunities will show.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Aight thanks for help. You know if Idaho has many wildlife management areas or national forests?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    Aight thanks for help. You know if Idaho has many wildlife management areas or national forests?
    Only about 10 National Forests, many wildlife management areas scattered across the state and large chunks of BLM land.......and big chunks of wilderness (now too much IMO)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idaho

Curious......what made you decide to relocate to Coeur d'Aene, or to Idaho in general?
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove