Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nemesis

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nemesis

Has anybody else seen this:

http://www.newbreedarchery.com/produ...ws/nemesis.htm

I can't quite put my finger on it...but there's something about this bow that seems awfully familiar.

Sledge

Post Thanks / Like

Question It does make one think...

When I first saw the offerings from New Breed and those from Elite also I thought hummnn, maybe Martin is subbing out work to other manufacturers, as the bows so clearly showed the legacy of the Martin traditions. When I see the Elites I am always doing a double take wondering if that is a new bow from Martin. The New Breeds would fit right in the line up.

Smarten Up and Martin Up
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it. Was beginning to think I was letting my imagination wander too far. The first thing that caught my attention was the model name, "Nemesis". I was wondering if Rytera knew they were partially sharing a model name with New Breed. Then I started looking closer, and I thought, "Hey...wait a minute!"
    Of course, Martin is a bow tech innovator. As I understand it, they license quite a few of their patents out to other manufacturers. Of course I could be wrong...but how else would the other brands get away with using so many of Martin's original ideas?
    Anywho, thanks for the reply peace!

Sledge

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

how bout the TRG? Athen claims thet released their's first. There was just a thread on AT about it. I'm in the woods,but someone can search AT username Rodney482, it'll only take a sec to get a link to the thread
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Default Athens TRG-link

here's the link i was talking about.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...1391872&page=1
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

another thing i dont understand. Martin stopped using Barnesdale limbs on their bows,but use them on the Rytera line. why? it doesnt make sense. to cut costs to keep the Martin line affordable? i'd rather have a little bit higher price then wonder how long the limbs will last.

NOTE: I,personally,have never had any problems with any of my Martins and will,at some point,buy another.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    here's the link i was talking about.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...1391872&page=1
    Hey, thanks Rodney. I was just getting ready to look that up...got Archery Talk open, but got wrapped up writing an email. Thanks for that link!
    Oh wow! That first pic, that's what I intended to do w/ my Orion, put a string stopper on the end of my guide rod, and bend it at an angle so the cable slide would aleviate cam lean. Unfortunately, the cable slide moves all the way to the end of the guide rod, and there's no room for a stopper. So what I'm doing is making the bend for the cable slide to run at an angle, giving me vane clearance at brace height, and zero cam lean at full draw, just like the TRG. And for the string stopper, I'm using a Saunders unit that attaches to the cable rod on the OTHER side of the slide, closest to the riser. Just waiting on a couple parts now.

So, how did it go out in the woods?

Sledge

Post Thanks / Like

another thing i dont understand. Martin stopped using Barnesdale limbs on their bows,but use them on the Rytera line. why? it doesnt make sense. to cut costs to keep the Martin line affordable? i'd rather have a little bit higher price then wonder how long the limbs will last.

NOTE: I,personally,have never had any problems with any of my Martins and will,at some point,buy another.
    I think Rytera has stopped using them now, too. I believe they've begun using in-house limbs...but someone else may know more about that than me. I tend to agree, though, it's a cost cutting measure.

Sledge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus777 View Post
    Hey, thanks Rodney. I was just getting ready to look that up...got Archery Talk open, but got wrapped up writing an email. Thanks for that link!
    Oh wow! That first pic, that's what I intended to do w/ my Orion, put a string stopper on the end of my guide rod, and bend it at an angle so the cable slide would aleviate cam lean. Unfortunately, the cable slide moves all the way to the end of the guide rod, and there's no room for a stopper. So what I'm doing is making the bend for the cable slide to run at an angle, giving me vane clearance at brace height, and zero cam lean at full draw, just like the TRG. And for the string stopper, I'm using a Saunders unit that attaches to the cable rod on the OTHER side of the slide, closest to the riser. Just waiting on a couple parts now.

So, how did it go out in the woods?

Sledge
    i ain't Rodney. But you're welcome. lol.

woods was nice. we got a break in the heat today so i spent most of the day hunting while a storm/cold front was moving in. saw a couple young bucks,but nothing in range.

Post Thanks / Like

i ain't Rodney. But you're welcome. lol.

woods was nice. we got a break in the heat today so i spent most of the day hunting while a storm/cold front was moving in. saw a couple young bucks,but nothing in range.
    Oops! My bad! I assumed you were Rodney482 on AT, and it was your post. And that's what happens when one assumes...