Thread: martin lynx help

Post Thanks / Like

Default martin lynx help

hi i have martin linx recurve with a 60 pound limbs at 28 in 60 amo was wondering how old it was and how to determine what kind of replacment string to purchase. as well as value and help would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by fishbowl330; 10-13-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

If it has the wood laminate recurved limbs and round wheel cams, then it is going to be around mid to late 1980's. I have a Lynx XR that I bought brand new in 1989.

String: You can get the measurement for the string from the sticker on the bottom limb (if you can still read it), and because the bow has tear drops, it is very easy to change. You should be able to get a string of the right length made up at pretty much any archery shop. If not, let Hutch have the dimensions and he'll make you up one.

Value, not much I'm afraid. Even in perfect condition, I doubt the bow is worth much more than $100.

The older bows still shoot very well. They are a lot slower than the current bows, and you'll find it works better with aluminium arrows, as that's what it was designed to shoot. But the groups you can get are amazing, and it's fun to shoot a less demanding bow from time to time.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

it dosent have cams its a recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh, if I had looked at the fact that this thread is in the trad section, I might have picked up on that!

In that case, just ignore me, and I'll sit quietly in the corner.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Generally, an AMO bow will require a string 4 inches shorter, in your case, a 56 inch string for your 60 inch AMO Martin Lynx. Afraid I can't tell you what year it is.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

If the riser is not cut out, so as you can shoot it off the shelf, it would probably be in the med to late 80's. If the riser is cut out for clearance then its probably early 90's. Probably not a whole lot of help. Mine is an '84, but then again it started life as a lynx magnum compound, with the recurve limbs added many years later. Really nice shooting bow.