Thread: Went to the range today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Went to the range today

Like the heading says.. I went and to the range, I shot 56 targets,4 arrows at each target.
    Let me tell ya, I am beat...lol
    My first target was a 80 yard walk up, 80-70-60-and 50 yards. My 80yd. shot was high in the spot-70yd. just right of center, but got the x. My buddy said I should stop right there...I shaould of listened...60yd. low in the 3 ring and 50yds. high right in the 3 ring.
    The Prong Horn was a 60yd. walk up. The one in the leg was my 50yd shot.
    These were about the average for most of my targets for the day, but there were some real bad ones that I will never admit to.....hee he.
    Don.
    Picture 654.jpgPicture 653.jpg
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Goodonya Don....

I am glad I can live vicariously through you, as I don't get around much any more and glad to see you were out and about today. Any day at a range is a great day. That's a good bit of shooting. On the slips just call Mulligan! You can do that when you are "Your Own Individual Open In Every Division Champion" like myself. Who can argue with the official or the scorekeeper.

Smarten Up and Martin Up
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some nice shots Don. You just take the positives from each target :-)

I have never been much good at multiple shots, which is the main reason I don't shoot spots. But a couple of years ago I shot a 3D comp; marked distances with two arrows per target, shot from different distances. It was good fun and I did well, but unfortunately most people over here are a bit 'stuck in the mud' and although people tend to enjoy something a little different, most people won't show up if they know it is a format they are not used to.

Those HT4's are hefty looking arrows, are they fat shafts?
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words, guys.
    Neil, the HT-4's are .422" o.d. and fly like darts.
    They are all that I shoot now.
    BTW- this was just a fun day out at the range, I walked it with a friend.
    If I can talk Sue into it, we will be going back out today, she needs to shoot alot of arrows as she doesn't shoot enough.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    she needs to shoot alot of arrows as she doesn't shoot enough.
    Don.
    I know the feeling. I have 35 yards at home, but my weakness in competitions is judging distances over 45 yards.

My next comp is on the 30th, which will be held on the edge of the Brecon Beacons in Wales; I just hope it's not wet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    I know the feeling. I have 35 yards at home, but my weakness in competitions is judging distances over 45 yards.

My next comp is on the 30th, which will be held on the edge of the Brecon Beacons in Wales; I just hope it's not wet.
    Neil,
    Good luck with your next shoot. I hope the fletching get there in time so that you might be able to give them a try.
    Don.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    Neil,
    Good luck with your next shoot. I hope the fletching get there in time so that you might be able to give them a try.
    Don.
    If they are not here in time for the Brecon shoot, I have another comp on 13 November at a course about 3/4 of an hour from my home.

I also want to try them out on the course I shot at last weekend, and show them to a guy who owns a small archery store down there :-)