Thread: Carbon Weave

Post Thanks / Like

Default Carbon Weave

How many of you guys have a newer Martin (2008+) with the carbon weave finish? Take a real close look at it and tell me what colors you think are used. I was thinking of black and silver, but I don't think it's silver. Almost a combination of silver and gold. Bronze? What do you think?
    Last edited by bfisher; 10-14-2011 at 01:42 PM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Barry, Isn't it the same as used on the limbs?
    My riser was the carbon weave, but now it's black and yellow.
    But if I remember right, it looked like it had kind of a bronze color to it. I do know mine had a gray basecoat, it had rubbed off in the grip area. Depending what color basecoat was used determens the finished color.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    Barry, Isn't it the same as used on the limbs?
    My riser was the carbon weave, but now it's black and yellow.
    But if I remember right, it looked like it had kind of a bronze color to it. I do know mine had a gray basecoat, it had rubbed off in the grip area. Depending what color basecoat was used determens the finished color.
    Don.
    Yes Don. The finish on the limbs and riser is the same. I do wish it was just balck powder coat on the riser. Much more durable finish, IMO.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Barry,
    One of my Shadowcats did have a black riser, but I think it was paint and not powdercoat.
    It was rubbing off in the grip area also.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Barry, I'd recommend getting it powdercoated. it only cost $20 to have the Cheetah riser done. of course i did all the prep work,too. i havent laid hands on a Martin carbon fiber anything,but the Pearson I had was distinctly black/silver.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    Barry, I'd recommend getting it powdercoated. it only cost $20 to have the Cheetah riser done. of course i did all the prep work,too. i havent laid hands on a Martin carbon fiber anything,but the Pearson I had was distinctly black/silver.
    Hawg,

I've got two bows with the carbon weave. I'm just trying to determine what the color scheme is. Sometimes it looks like black and silver. Then upon closer inspection it looks maybe like black and gold or bronze. I'm trying to pick string colors to coordinate. No powder coating for me. I don't keep a bow long enough to justify the extra cost. I think, just to keep things simple, and staying with the BLACK color scheme, I'm just going to get a black string (not two tone) with bronze serving or something close to it.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Hawg,

I've got two bows with the carbon weave. I'm just trying to determine what the color scheme is. Sometimes it looks like black and silver. Then upon closer inspection it looks maybe like black and gold or bronze. I'm trying to pick string colors to coordinate. No powder coating for me. I don't keep a bow long enough to justify the extra cost. I think, just to keep things simple, and staying with the BLACK color scheme, I'm just going to get a black string (not two tone) with bronze serving or something close to it.
    That would look awesome I think! please post up pics.