Thread: arrow rest???

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default arrow rest???

Just bought a new Silencer package...The rest I see in all the pics looks like a mantis...The one that came on my bow was a Trophy Taker..WHY??? The Trophy Taker doesn't even seem to fit on the bow right..the ajusting arm actually hits against the quiver, besides that its kind of a pain to knock the arrow cuz of the TRG and the size of the rest..SO I GUESS THE QUESTION IS WHICH REST IS IT SUPPOSE TO COME WITH????

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know which TT rest you have, but from what I've seen you do not want the Mantis rest. I've seen pics of the support arms on the Mantis broken. It's not durable enough. If the quiver is hitting the rest then there is usually a simple solution. Remove the mounting bracket and put a spacer behind it. A washer or two might be all that's needed.

Youcan do a search on here or read some of the other threads about the TRG/SOS system. There have been some issues with some pertaining to premature cable wear. Be aware of this and keep an eye on the cables. If you start seeing excessive cable wear then call customer service. Don't let your cables get torn up. From our understanding on here Martin has discontinued the TRG in it's present configuration and is supplying a regular cable rod/slide and STS as a replacement option.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus111 View Post
    Just bought a new Silencer package...The rest I see in all the pics looks like a mantis...The one that came on my bow was a Trophy Taker..WHY??? The Trophy Taker doesn't even seem to fit on the bow right..the adjusting arm actually hits against the quiver, besides that its kind of a pain to knock the arrow cuz of the TRG and the size of the rest..SO I GUESS THE QUESTION IS WHICH REST IS IT SUPPOSE TO COME WITH????
    When I bought my son's Pantera (Rack Rage?) from Dick's it was not set up in any way. I was totally disappointed in that fact. The rest was loose and so was the sight. We likely have the same factory quiver as you too. So what I am getting at is the TT rest most likely fits fine, it was just slapped on and not set up. You probably have the same TT rest that we have. It is the cheapest one TT makes. Hell, even TT didn't have exact instructions for it. Once I got over my initial disappointment I went to work on setting his bow up and all is well and we have it working great now.

Something to watch out for. I had to serve in the draw cord because the little clamp would slip on the buss cable.

I don't like that there is no vertical adjustment on the this particular Trophy Taker rest. You have to loosen the rest's mounting arm to move it. It makes it hit and miss on tuning it since you can do no precise movements. This reared it's ugly head when we were doing broadhead tuning. It is not impossible to do it just isn't as easy as rests that have the vertical adjustment capability.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

I contacted Martin about both issues..1- What kind of arrow rest depends on where you buy the bow..Bass Pro= Trophy Taker..2 I asked if there was any way to adjust the TRG..right away they said they would send a rod, slide, and sts...I like the idea of the TRG and that is on reason I bought this bow..back to the drawing board I guess