Thread: Curious how many still shoot aluminum arrows....

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Curious how many still shoot aluminum arrows....

Picked up my first carbons this year and changed all equipment after 15 yrs and falling behind the updated equipment. Took my first Tom this year the other night but still haven't had the deer opportunity to see if I like them better than my oldies. For those who still shoot them is there a chart somewhere to use like the carbons to get the correct set up if I do decide to go back to them? Shooting the 100 gr MX3 and really like this BH. Thaks for any and all input.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

I shoot'em, and don't see any reason to change. They're straighter...and if they're not, you can true them up easily...or if you bend one, you can usually make it good as new in no time at all. They're smoother. They're FAR less exspensive, even the best xx78's are less expensive than quality carbon shafts!
    I'm not a speed junkie. I like a medium weight arrow. I don't care how fast my bow shoots, as long as the arrow hits where I aim.
    If I hit heavy bone on a game animal, and the aluminum shaft winds up broken off, no big deal. Hitting heavy bone with a carbon arrow, and the shaft doesn't shatter, it will most likely break at some point...either way, you've got all those shards and fibers to worry about.
    Now I'm not saying shooting carbon is wrong, not at all! Most people these days shooting modern equipment probably shoot carbon. To each their own. What I am saying is shooting aluminum works for ME!

I think this is what you wanted:

http://www.eastonarchery.com/download/selectioncharts

or this is even easier

http://www.eastonarchery.com/products/selection_hunting

Sledge

Post Thanks / Like

I shoot 2413's w/125gr Montecs @60 lbs, love them, been shooting them for over 30 yrs. not a speed junky, I just want good penetration, and kenetic energy is great.

Post Thanks / Like

Checked the Easton chart and for my set up if I were to go back to them is the 2315, that seems like I'd be shooting logs though even with the 100 grains.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

Still shooting easton XX75 2219's. No problems and I like a heavy arrow to hunt with.
    2003 Martin Prowler SE
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT
    Easton Arrows
    Trophy Ridge Sights
    QAD Rest
    Crimson Talon XT broadheads