Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Catalog

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 Catalog

http://www.martinarchery.com/ads/idu...alog100dpi.pdf

here is the link to the 2012 catalog.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just been looking at it here: http://issuu.com/martinarchery/docs/...olor=%23222222

Scepter 5 eh? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

The new Bengal looks like a beaut!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link.!

Post Thanks / Like

I like that they made some of the improvements we have been talking about! A nice speed bump to 330 for most bows with the new Fury XT Single cam. I don't care what anyone says, just like sex, speed sells. Hopefully they will actually reach these speeds this year and not just be a number like last year. I like the looks of the lower cam but the upper cam is fugly IMO. There sure are some large adjustment ranges to the cams this year too!

It looks like all but two bows have the Pro moniker now. That kind of devalues the name in my book. It seems kinda confusing that some of the old "Gold" series names like Bengal are now in the "Pro" series/line of bows. Even more confusing is the use of the Pro moniker in both the "Pro" and "Gold" lines?

I'm not to keen on the bulky look of the Bengal, Crossfire and Prowler. I think they lost the clean lines that previous year bows had.

I see the Pantera Magnum now has the new style grip this year. The Magnum moniker eludes me, what makes it a Magnum and not a Pro? Maybe because it is the longest A2A hunting bow at 34"???

Also there are two versions of the Exile now, Exile Pro M-24 and a Exile M-18 yet I have found no difference in the specs?

Is the Scepter V Pro just a renamed Shadowcat?

One bow that seems to serve no purpose and is out of place is the Crossfire. Why does it serve no purpose? It has Nitro Hybrid Pro cams (there is that Pro moniker again), a 1/2" shorter A2A, a 1/2" brace height an and has slower FPS (320) than the Exile (320-330 FPS). What am I missing?

Are these risers still three piece screwed and glued? I know it says machined from one slid piece of aluminum but so does the 2011 catalog and we know they are screwed and glued three piece risers.

The worst part is now the Bengal is back and it not a re-badged Ridge Hunter and I will have to hear it from Gravedigger, Hutch and Arrow Splitter!!!!
    Last edited by MLN1963; 10-19-2011 at 07:11 AM.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Is the Scepter V Pro just a renamed Shadowcat?
    Nope, that's a completely new riser.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post

The worst part is now the Bengal is back and it not a re-badged Ridge Hunter and I will have to hear it from Gravedigger, Hutch and Arrow Splitter!!!!
    I'm not going to say it.....nope... not going say it....never mind. I told you so!!!!!!
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Bye Martin

I feel that when a company comes out with a new innovation, they should stick to it for more than 1 year. With Martin going back to a cable and slide tells me that they did not test the 2011 SOS & TRG properly and in-depth. This now tells me what kind of company Martin is. I was sold on the new idea (2011 SOS & TRG) by Dick's Sporting Goods (not that they are the best when it comes to bow knowledge) but before I bought it I called Martin Archery's customer service and they sold me on how all bows will be going to this new system and that this was the new latest and greatest. This is complete BS in my book. My 2011 Martin Rack Attack (Exile) works great now, who knows in the future but if they do not have confidence in their own new product then I feel the same about their company. If they do not believe in their own product then they should recall all the 2011 Martin bows. Martin, not that you even care, but you lost a very loyal customer.
    2011 Martin Rack Attack (Exile) -Bonz Camo -DL 30, 70#.
    Arrows -Carbon 350, 30", 100gr. Trophy Ridge Hammerhead mechanical broadheads, quiver - Martin 6.
    Site -TRUGLO Micro Brite 5 pin (1x.029, 2x.019, 2x.010) w/light APG Camo w/detatchable bracket.
    Limbsaver stabilizer, leeches & limbsavers.
    Releases - Tru-Fire Edge 4, Spot Hogg Saturday Night Special, Bear 4 finger.
    Flamebeau Deluxe case.
    1999 Martin Pride '99' 70# & 30" - This was my 1st bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIGON View Post
    I feel that when a company comes out with a new innovation, they should stick to it for more than 1 year. With Martin going back to a cable and slide tells me that they did not test the 2011 SOS & TRG properly and in-depth. This now tells me what kind of company Martin is. I was sold on the new idea (2011 SOS & TRG) by Dick's Sporting Goods (not that they are the best when it comes to bow knowledge) but before I bought it I called Martin Archery's customer service and they sold me on how all bows will be going to this new system and that this was the new latest and greatest. This is complete BS in my book. My 2011 Martin Rack Attack (Exile) works great now, who knows in the future but if they do not have confidence in their own new product then I feel the same about their company. If they do not believe in their own product then they should recall all the 2011 Martin bows. Martin, not that you even care, but you lost a very loyal customer.
    Do you know how a recall works? Martin is replacing the TRG, why would they recall when they are taking care of the problem anyway. I haven't messed with the TRG but from looking at them I think setting them up with some type of slide so the cables wouldn't wear that it is a sound idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SJunior View Post
    Do you know how a recall works? Martin is replacing the TRG, why would they recall when they are taking care of the problem anyway. I haven't messed with the TRG but from looking at them I think setting them up with some type of slide so the cables wouldn't wear that it is a sound idea.
    Yes, SJunior I do know how recalls work. Yes they will replace the TRG, great, but now whats up with the SOS. My bow, the Exile, has no place for the SOS and I would have never bought the bow knowing that. Also if a car company is having problems with the brakes on a specific car, they will recall them all. I believe, from what I read on here, that if there is a possiblity of the strings breaking due to the wearing from the TRG, then that creates a dangerous situation of the stings breaking in your face. So what now, I'm stuck keeping it or selling it and not getting all my money back. I'm not rich like you guys and I can't just go out and buy a new bow every year.
    2011 Martin Rack Attack (Exile) -Bonz Camo -DL 30, 70#.
    Arrows -Carbon 350, 30", 100gr. Trophy Ridge Hammerhead mechanical broadheads, quiver - Martin 6.
    Site -TRUGLO Micro Brite 5 pin (1x.029, 2x.019, 2x.010) w/light APG Camo w/detatchable bracket.
    Limbsaver stabilizer, leeches & limbsavers.
    Releases - Tru-Fire Edge 4, Spot Hogg Saturday Night Special, Bear 4 finger.
    Flamebeau Deluxe case.
    1999 Martin Pride '99' 70# & 30" - This was my 1st bow.