Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Catalog

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 Catalog

http://www.martinarchery.com/ads/idu...alog100dpi.pdf

here is the link to the 2012 catalog.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just been looking at it here: http://issuu.com/martinarchery/docs/...olor=%23222222

Scepter 5 eh? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

The new Bengal looks like a beaut!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link.!

Post Thanks / Like

I like that they made some of the improvements we have been talking about! A nice speed bump to 330 for most bows with the new Fury XT Single cam. I don't care what anyone says, just like sex, speed sells. Hopefully they will actually reach these speeds this year and not just be a number like last year. I like the looks of the lower cam but the upper cam is fugly IMO. There sure are some large adjustment ranges to the cams this year too!

It looks like all but two bows have the Pro moniker now. That kind of devalues the name in my book. It seems kinda confusing that some of the old "Gold" series names like Bengal are now in the "Pro" series/line of bows. Even more confusing is the use of the Pro moniker in both the "Pro" and "Gold" lines?

I'm not to keen on the bulky look of the Bengal, Crossfire and Prowler. I think they lost the clean lines that previous year bows had.

I see the Pantera Magnum now has the new style grip this year. The Magnum moniker eludes me, what makes it a Magnum and not a Pro? Maybe because it is the longest A2A hunting bow at 34"???

Also there are two versions of the Exile now, Exile Pro M-24 and a Exile M-18 yet I have found no difference in the specs?

Is the Scepter V Pro just a renamed Shadowcat?

One bow that seems to serve no purpose and is out of place is the Crossfire. Why does it serve no purpose? It has Nitro Hybrid Pro cams (there is that Pro moniker again), a 1/2" shorter A2A, a 1/2" brace height an and has slower FPS (320) than the Exile (320-330 FPS). What am I missing?

Are these risers still three piece screwed and glued? I know it says machined from one slid piece of aluminum but so does the 2011 catalog and we know they are screwed and glued three piece risers.

The worst part is now the Bengal is back and it not a re-badged Ridge Hunter and I will have to hear it from Gravedigger, Hutch and Arrow Splitter!!!!
    Last edited by MLN1963; 10-19-2011 at 07:11 AM.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Is the Scepter V Pro just a renamed Shadowcat?
    Nope, that's a completely new riser.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

The worst part is now the Bengal is back and it not a re-badged Ridge Hunter and I will have to hear it from Gravedigger, Hutch and Arrow Splitter!!!!
    I'm not going to say it.....nope... not going say it....never mind. I told you so!!!!!!
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    I'm not going to say it.....nope... not going say it....never mind. I told you so!!!!!!
    ya buddy you got to it befor i did
    I'm not to keen on the bulky look of the Bengal, Crossfire and Prowler. I think they lost the clean lines that previous year bows had.

i really dont care for the look of the bengal in the 2012 line up.looks bulky and not at all sleek.

Post Thanks / Like

but befor i speak too soon i want to see and shoot the new bengal,and 1 or 2 others i see.i am diggin on some of the other bow that they have.....hmmmmm im on the ropes about it.darn what to shoot first...i do like the new cam and lbs+DL adjustments

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see the Scepter V going back to a solid one piece riser. A little disappointed in no shoot thru option for it and no return to anodized risers for it. The target color options are weak. They use the film dip instead of the anodizing for costs and to cover up the joint on the 3 piece risers. I wish they would have offered the SV in anodized colors. Also I am disappointed that they do not offer a youth bow anymore. The Exile is not a youth bow. It was several years back when they offered the leopard with the mini m-Pro cam. With the mini M-pro 2 cam and the new cam the draw will only go down to 24". The older mini m-pro cam went to 21 1/2". They still need something in a small riser like the Exile but with a special youth cam to go from like 18-26". Also they didn't go back to the drawing boards on the TRG. They just opted to go back to a slide. I will give the line up a sold "B", maybe a "B+". JMO