Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Catalog

Post Thanks / Like

WHAT NO SHADOWCAT???????
    I guess us finger shooters are going to have to shoot shorter and shorter bows.
    Come on Martin, don't do this to us.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    WHAT NO SHADOWCAT???????
    I guess us finger shooters are going to have to shoot shorter and shorter bows.
    Come on Martin, don't do this to us.
    Don.
    Scepter V is a redesigned Shadowcat from a one piece riser. It is 40". What more do you need?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcriner View Post
    Scepter V is a redesigned Shadowcat from a one piece riser. It is 40". What more do you need?
    The trend of all the bow makers is going shorter ATA lengths. A "good" finger bow is at least 44" ATA.
    I just hate to see Martin going shorter.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

i am really likeing the pantera.looks good,the riser is nice and smooth.im still not to sure about the new bengal...i keep looking at it and i just dont know.the scepter is nice but the riser seams like it is to straight up and down.for sure liking the one peace riser,and the dual vem is a nice add on for the bengal.

Post Thanks / Like

What's this I see? Could it be??? The reintroduction of the Cougar? Interesting...somewhat. It's just what I've been hoping for, asking for, dreaming about! But this one is ugly as sin...just my own opinion. Well, not really ugly...no moreso than any of the other cookie-cutter bows...just not very attractive. That riser looks oddly familiar...although I can't put a name to it at the moment. Anybody else notice that?
    It's also rather short ATA. Weren't Cougars of the past moderately long ATA bows that generally fit comfortably on either the target range, or in the woods? I do remember at one time the Cougs were available in all the purty, flashy colors. At any rate, I'm glad to see they've reintroduced the brand name, although it seems they threw it in just for kicks, letting it settle somewhere in the middle of the pack. For someone I'm sure it will be just what they're looking for, and will fit that need beautifully. Me, I'll pass.

Sledge

Post Thanks / Like

Note the Cougar FC is nothing more than last year's Firecat renamed...pull up the catalog page of the two cougar bows and the website page of the two Firecat bows. Identical. Same specs. I guess Cougar FC stands for Cougar Firecat.

Post Thanks / Like

Well... Time for me to whine, eh?

Still no other bow than the Shadow...er...Scepter V in a good draw length and acceptable AtA. Still the other bows are going shorter and shorter. I feel like this was my last year with a Martin. No bash intended but they unfortunatelz will lose me as a customer due to the fact that i alreadz own 2 ShadowCats and the new featuers of the Scepter are neat.. but not thaaaaaaat awesome. And it has still the more or less same design... I am looking forward to get me a Vantage Elite now. Hmm.. If i can get enough cash together.. Shouldn't have selled mz Razor-X. That bow was great..

The overall design of 2012 is a bit clumsy in my eyes. Nothing that reallz appeals to my eyes. But then i am used to longer riser bows with longer ata...
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    I'm not going to say it.....nope... not going say it....never mind. I told you so!!!!!!
    It doesn't bother me that Bengal is ugly! All that metal around the V.E.M.s looks like the plastic flashing that I used to cut off of plastic models when I was a kid. The older models looked better IMO. But I do like the performance specs of it.
    Last edited by MLN1963; 10-19-2011 at 01:31 PM.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I dont mind the line up at all. Martin to me is a blue collar company and produce bows for the working man class and I am a working man. The bows may not be the flashiest, but I think that they look nice. Appearance does have an affect of overall sales, but personally I prefer performance over looks. Martin continually makes a great bow for a great price and they shoot wonderfully. Just my opinion tho.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcriner View Post
    Note the Cougar FC is nothing more than last year's Firecat renamed...pull up the catalog page of the two cougar bows and the website page of the two Firecat bows. Identical. Same specs. I guess Cougar FC stands for Cougar Firecat.
    To be the devils advocate, this statement is incorrect. The riser design is the same, but the cougar has a shorter ATA and is lighter, also the draw goes all the way down to 25.5" this year as opposed to last years firecat only going down to 27" draw. Also it maxes out at 30.5" and the firecat last year was 30". THe single cam Fury XT cams can adjust all the way to 31" draw from 25.5" being the lowest. It is nice that they give you that option as a buyer to get it in the dual cam or the single cam. Not a lot of companies offer that luxury. Also, in response to the shorter ATA bows. I personally feel that it is a revelation and the market continually wants those shorter ATA bows for hunting in stands and blinds. I am strictly a bow hunter and dont do any target hunting. So I really dont know all that much about ATA for target, but I hear your pains and do wish they would make a longer ATA target bow for you folks. Who knows, maybe the Septer V will just blow everyone away when they go and shoot it or maybe not. All I know is that we can't judge a book by its cover. We must personally go out and test these bows and shoot them so us as archers can give them a respectable review that is based on performance and not appearance and numbers.