Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Catalog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    It doesn't bother me that Bengal is ugly!.
    remember that reflection in the screen stareing back at you is not the bengal......J/K.sorry i had too.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow all I read is whine! whine! whine! The bows aren't even out and some of you are whining!!!! My question, have any of you whiners shot one? Seen it in person? Huh Huh! Give me a break! This isn't the third grade. I am going to keep an open mind on the new Martin bows and accessories.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Wow all I read is whine! whine! whine! The bows aren't even out and some of you are whining!!!! My question, have any of you whiners shot one? Seen it in person? Huh Huh! Give me a break! This isn't the third grade. I am going to keep an open mind on the new Martin bows and accessories.

Hutch

im all better now...i got my bink and baloon
    Last edited by gravedigger; 10-19-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just as 2011 I'll probably wait till I see what Rytera is going to offer, but finally, finally I see the possibility of a Scepter in my future.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

well,the risers all look similar to the Nemesis' and Alien X's,IMO. i'm very much interest to shoot the new single cam. my "to-shoot" list is the Prowler,the Crossfire and the Bengal. i wish they had an actual BLACK instead of that gawd awful carbon fiber stuff. that stuff was better left to tuner cars. what camo is that? it looks different than the previous camo. i think i like it
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kylecurtis04 View Post
    To be the devils advocate, this statement is incorrect. The riser design is the same, but the cougar has a shorter ATA and is lighter, also the draw goes all the way down to 25.5" this year as opposed to last years firecat only going down to 27" draw. Also it maxes out at 30.5" and the firecat last year was 30". THe single cam Fury XT cams can adjust all the way to 31" draw from 25.5" being the lowest. It is nice that they give you that option as a buyer to get it in the dual cam or the single cam. Not a lot of companies offer that luxury.
    No, his statement is mostly true. It is a re-badged FC 400 with the new Hybrid Pro cams that allow for greater D/L adjustments with the same speed. My FC 400 is the same 32.25" A2A. The Fury XT cam option just makes it a re-badged FC360 with the new uber adjustable and faster cams. These are both welcomed refinements, not evolutionary. So they really aren't giving anymore options in this case, they cut one bow and doubled up on another.

That said I would like a set of these uber adjustable cams for my bow so I could get to the 27" DL my bow is supposed to have.
    Last edited by MLN1963; 10-19-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Default looks good to me

They look great to me good spec,good speed,alot of adjustment,me and my boy could shoot the same bow I like I will be buying a couple one for me and the boy.

Post Thanks / Like

I like that they made some of the improvements we have been talking about! A nice speed bump to 330 for most bows with the new Fury XT Single cam. I don't care what anyone says, just like sex, speed sells. Hopefully they will actually reach these speeds this year and not just be a number like last year. I like the looks of the lower cam but the upper cam is fugly IMO. There sure are some large adjustment ranges to the cams this year too!

It looks like all but two bows have the Pro moniker now. That kind of devalues the name in my book. It seems kinda confusing that some of the old "Gold" series names like Bengal are now in the "Pro" series/line of bows. Even more confusing is the use of the Pro moniker in both the "Pro" and "Gold" lines?

I'm not to keen on the bulky look of the Bengal, Crossfire and Prowler. I think they lost the clean lines that previous year bows had.

I see the Pantera Magnum now has the new style grip this year. The Magnum moniker eludes me, what makes it a Magnum and not a Pro? Maybe because it is the longest A2A hunting bow at 34"???

Also there are two versions of the Exile now, Exile Pro M-24 and a Exile M-18 yet I have found no difference in the specs?

Is the Scepter V Pro just a renamed Shadowcat?

One bow that seems to serve no purpose and is out of place is the Crossfire. Why does it serve no purpose? It has Nitro Hybrid Pro cams (there is that Pro moniker again), a 1/2" shorter A2A, a 1/2" brace height an and has slower FPS (320) than the Exile (320-330 FPS). What am I missing?

Are these risers still three piece screwed and glued? I know it says machined from one slid piece of aluminum but so does the 2011 catalog and we know they are screwed and glued three piece risers.

The worst part is now the Bengal is back and it not a re-badged Ridge Hunter and I will have to hear it from Gravedigger, Hutch and Arrow Splitter!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post

Hutch
    I don't see whining, I see questions and confusion. I even see some positive remarks. I have been very good about not being too hard on Martin. I'm not a Martin fanboy, or any other brand for that matter. There is no need to sugar coat everything.

Now, the looks of some of the bows I don't like, I think it is ugly. That is my opinion, if you think it is beautiful that is your opinion. I don't need to shoot it or see it in person for that. BTW I have see pictures of you and know you are ugly and don't need to see you in person to verify it!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    i am really likeing the pantera.looks good,the riser is nice and smooth.
    Me too. For my 6'2" son it would be nice I bet.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see whining, I see questions and confusion.
    I even see some positive remarks.
    I impressed. LOL
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com