Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Catalog

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Bye Martin

I feel that when a company comes out with a new innovation, they should stick to it for more than 1 year. With Martin going back to a cable and slide tells me that they did not test the 2011 SOS & TRG properly and in-depth. This now tells me what kind of company Martin is. I was sold on the new idea (2011 SOS & TRG) by Dick's Sporting Goods (not that they are the best when it comes to bow knowledge) but before I bought it I called Martin Archery's customer service and they sold me on how all bows will be going to this new system and that this was the new latest and greatest. This is complete BS in my book. My 2011 Martin Rack Attack (Exile) works great now, who knows in the future but if they do not have confidence in their own new product then I feel the same about their company. If they do not believe in their own product then they should recall all the 2011 Martin bows. Martin, not that you even care, but you lost a very loyal customer.
    2011 Martin Rack Attack (Exile) -Bonz Camo -DL 30, 70#.
    Arrows -Carbon 350, 30", 100gr. Trophy Ridge Hammerhead mechanical broadheads, quiver - Martin 6.
    Site -TRUGLO Micro Brite 5 pin (1x.029, 2x.019, 2x.010) w/light APG Camo w/detatchable bracket.
    Limbsaver stabilizer, leeches & limbsavers.
    Releases - Tru-Fire Edge 4, Spot Hogg Saturday Night Special, Bear 4 finger.
    Flamebeau Deluxe case.
    1999 Martin Pride '99' 70# & 30" - This was my 1st bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kylecurtis04 View Post
    To be the devils advocate, this statement is incorrect. The riser design is the same, but the cougar has a shorter ATA and is lighter, also the draw goes all the way down to 25.5" this year as opposed to last years firecat only going down to 27" draw. Also it maxes out at 30.5" and the firecat last year was 30". THe single cam Fury XT cams can adjust all the way to 31" draw from 25.5" being the lowest. It is nice that they give you that option as a buyer to get it in the dual cam or the single cam. Not a lot of companies offer that luxury. Also, in response to the shorter ATA bows. I personally feel that it is a revelation and the market continually wants those shorter ATA bows for hunting in stands and blinds. I am strictly a bow hunter and dont do any target hunting. So I really dont know all that much about ATA for target, but I hear your pains and do wish they would make a longer ATA target bow for you folks. Who knows, maybe the Septer V will just blow everyone away when they go and shoot it or maybe not. All I know is that we can't judge a book by its cover. We must personally go out and test these bows and shoot them so us as archers can give them a respectable review that is based on performance and not appearance and numbers.
    Sorry...I mean to say the Cougar FC was the same Firecat riser. Yes the specs are different due to the new cam. BH is the same 7". ATA between the two are on 1/4". 32 1/2" vs 32 1/4". That is what I meant by the same bow. They didn't create a whole new Cougar riser.

Post Thanks / Like

The Scepter V should win a lot of trophys this coming year. A red one with white limbs and red and white threads would be bad azz on the line.!
    I'm not a single cam fan but for a throw it in the back of the truck and go hunt bow - the Pantera looks great. I will be trying one of them first chance I get.
    All around hunting/backyard/3-D/indoor/I only own one bow - the Onza III would fill the bill.
    The rest of the short chunky bows just aint my style and some may say that Martin has regressed by going back to the rod and slide but I see nothing wrong
    with using something that is tried and true.
    From just this quick preview it looks like they have worked hard to improve their products and I am looking forward to seeing all they offer up close and personal.!

Post Thanks / Like

The wide range of DL adjustments of the new Nitro Hybrid Pro cams is great. That should help sell some bows. Look at Ford, he sold his Exile and bought a BT Heart Breaker so he could get a shorter DL.

The true test is when they hit the streets. Will the quality of the bow's be improved, will the Quality Control of the products improved, will the bows meet their specs?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIGON View Post
    I feel that when a company comes out with a new innovation, they should stick to it for more than 1 year. With Martin going back to a cable and slide tells me that they did not test the 2011 SOS & TRG properly and in-depth. This now tells me what kind of company Martin is. I was sold on the new idea (2011 SOS & TRG) by Dick's Sporting Goods (not that they are the best when it comes to bow knowledge) but before I bought it I called Martin Archery's customer service and they sold me on how all bows will be going to this new system and that this was the new latest and greatest. This is complete BS in my book. My 2011 Martin Rack Attack (Exile) works great now, who knows in the future but if they do not have confidence in their own new product then I feel the same about their company. If they do not believe in their own product then they should recall all the 2011 Martin bows. Martin, not that you even care, but you lost a very loyal customer.
    Do you know how a recall works? Martin is replacing the TRG, why would they recall when they are taking care of the problem anyway. I haven't messed with the TRG but from looking at them I think setting them up with some type of slide so the cables wouldn't wear that it is a sound idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIGON View Post
    so did you take the time to think that maybe martin has gone back to the drawing board for the TRG and SOS.maybe they did not test it enough the first time around,so they are going to spend more time makeing sure it does work as intended..it could take a year maybe 2 or 3 to perfect it.that could be why they just went with the standard set up.R&D doesent happen over night.

but you are your own person and if you want to go else ware then thats your choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    so did you take the time to think that maybe martin has gone back to the drawing board for the TRG and SOS.maybe they did not test it enough the first time around,so they are going to spend more time makeing sure it does work as intended..it could take a year maybe 2 or 3 to perfect it.that could be why they just went with the standard set up.R&D doesent happen over night.

but you are your own person and if you want to go else ware then thats your choice.
    Maybe it was never ready from prime time and shouldn't have been released in the first place? It is not the customer's job to do R&D work on their new purchase. The the good thing is it is gone and the tried and true is back. This is going to help the customer service department out no doubt.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Maybe it was never ready from prime time and shouldn't have been released in the first place? .
    i thought that is what i was saying.and for sure it was not tested enough to release on the 2011 bows.but maybe they are back on the drawing board trying to make it work.concept is good but needed major improvements.maybe 2013 or 2014 martin will have some kick @$$ something or another.

when will these bows be ready to test shoot.i want to scoop up as many as i can and have a hay day shooting them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trg/sos

In 2011 Martin highly touted the TRG. "Why bother trying to reduce torque at the grip if you don't address torque at the limb tips" (from their 2011 catalog)? So, apparently there's been alot of problems with the TRG and they are replacing with a rod and slide. That's swell, but, now do we need to go back to worrying about "torque at the limb tips" and cam lean which was apparently such a problem in the past it prompted Martin to come out with the TRG in the first place.?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by champno6 View Post
    In 2011 Martin highly touted the TRG. "Why bother trying to reduce torque at the grip if you don't address torque at the limb tips" (from their 2011 catalog)? So, apparently there's been alot of problems with the TRG and they are replacing with a rod and slide. That's swell, but, now do we need to go back to worrying about "torque at the limb tips" and cam lean which was apparently such a problem in the past it prompted Martin to come out with the TRG in the first place.?
    Well - No.