Thread: i did it again

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default i did it again

i got a call Monday night about a bow i had on CL last month. apparently i forgot to pull the ad. the caller asks about the bow and i told him it sold. he gets totally bummed out and goes on to tell me his story. he was on his way Saturday evening to some buddies house to hunt with them Sunday morning. he stopped on his way out of town to pick up another tag and some food. he came back out to the truck to find that it had been broken into and all of his gear was stolen. camo,stands,bow in the case,everything.

i felt so bad for the guy. i told him i had another bow that i havent had for very long and told him i'd sell it but couldn't go any lower than $300. he purked up and asked if anything was wrong with it. i sent him pics of the bow hanging in the blind that i was sitting in at the moment. i told him to be at my house when i got out of the woods. well,he showed up,so there went my Iron Mace. I hope he enjoys it. i really didnt want to sell it,but i couldnt let someones season get screwed up by some theivin p.o.s. ya know?

anyway,i guess,what goes around comes around. i saw an ad on CL when i search "bow". simply stated "Diamond bow 29/70 and some accessories" i sent an email and quickly got a response. the guy just purchased an '05 Diamond Triumph(new old stock)online this past spring. also bought an Extreme 5pin sight,Tru-glo quiver,NAP shockblocker stabilizer,whisker biscuit,wrist sling,muzzy 100gr 3 blades,5 beman ICS 400's,and a new tru-fire release,G5 peep,loop and new hardcase. he hunted with it on opening day,missed a deer,lost his arrow and decided it wasnt for him.

i got it all for $250. it shoots awesome!i only had to raise the peep and it shoots like ive been shooting it for years. felt like a broken in,comfy pair of boots. i cannot believe how smooth and quiet it is. excellent finsh,generous valley,solid wall. there are alot of nice shootin bows out there. this is the first Diamond i've shot. i'd definately consider another one.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

heck of a deal.you gave a guy the chance to finish his hunt after he got riped off,then you found a new(er)set up bow for a heck of a deal.sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that's a good example of "What goes around comes around" Good for you Hawg.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice way to go! one out one in.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Instant Karma.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice score, congrats.
    But I have to ask, if I offend I am sorry.
    The bow that was stolen wasn't a Diamond Bow was it? The guy did say his bow and all his gear was taken.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    Nice score, congrats.
    But I have to ask, if I offend I am sorry.
    The bow that was stolen wasn't a Diamond Bow was it? The guy did say his bow and all his gear was taken.
    Don.
    no it wasnt stolen. he showed me the packing slip he got with the bow. i couldve kept it but didnt see the need. and it takes alot more than thatto offend me. lol
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    no it wasnt stolen. he showed me the packing slip he got with the bow. i couldve kept it but didnt see the need. and it takes alot more than thatto offend me. lol
    Ok,good. I know I am still a newbe around here and didn't want to be looked upon as a bad guy.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't change my underwear that quick or as often.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver