Thread: Silencer Speeds

Post Thanks / Like

Default Silencer Speeds

I really don't get caught up in the speed aspect of bows because I am a long draw and a heavy puller so I know the speed will be there. I am just curious if anyone is getting any speeds that would calculate close to the IBO. I believe last time I tested my bow in the spring I was pulling 71# draw weight and my draw length is 30" with a 434 grain arrow and if my memory serves me right it was hitting speeds of 304 FPS with only a draw loop and a peep sight on the string. I am just curious to find out what speeds other people are getting out of the Silencer and if these numbers would reach IBO? Again, I am not caught up in speed because I know it will be there for me. Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Are all of the cat2, hybrix, and nitros in the same boat, with a shorter ata ratio or are you looking for silencer only speeds?
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't got to check the speed on mine yet but it should be close to what yours is. I'm at the same specs anyway, haven't checked arrow weight either.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure on the cams. Mine are the Nitro 2.0. I am looking to see what similar Silencers are getting in speeds, but if you have a different bow and speeds then post the results. The more info the merrier.

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    Are all of the cat2, hybrix, and nitros in the same boat, with a shorter ata ratio or are you looking for silencer only speeds?

Post Thanks / Like

Well all those listed cams are nearly the same, with listed ibo speeds within 5 fps on the shorter ata bows. My alien is currently shooting my 342 grain aarow at 299 fps, at 27.75 in of draw, 63 pounds, and a loaded string. ( no kisser or tubing, just peep and silencers.)
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    All 3 are the same type of cam, 3 track slaved dual cam, very similar to what HC uses and calls a trinary cam. The CAT's took a good deal of fine tuning to get to IBO while the Hybrix and Nitro will hit IBO with just basic tuning, ie... cam sync and rotation.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kylecurtis04 View Post
    I really don't get caught up in the speed aspect of bows because I am a long draw and a heavy puller so I know the speed will be there. I am just curious if anyone is getting any speeds that would calculate close to the IBO. I believe last time I tested my bow in the spring I was pulling 71# draw weight and my draw length is 30" with a 434 grain arrow and if my memory serves me right it was hitting speeds of 304 FPS with only a draw loop and a peep sight on the string. I am just curious to find out what speeds other people are getting out of the Silencer and if these numbers would reach IBO? Again, I am not caught up in speed because I know it will be there for me. Thanks guys.
    After doing some testing with these Martin bows and looking at the fact that your arrow weight is about 75gr over IBO specs, I'd say the speed you are getting is pretty close to what to expect. It used to be said that each 5 gr extra sheds one fps, but my testing has shown it to be closer to 3gr on the newer bows. Add another 25 fps for the difference in arrow weight. Subtract a few fps for things on the string and you're right in the ballpark.

FYI my Rytera Nemisis originally came with one Hybrix cam and one Nitro cam, which was eventually corrected. However I shot the bow till new cams arrived and can tell you that the Hybrix and Nitro are the same cam except for the graphics.
    Last edited by bfisher; 10-21-2011 at 09:43 AM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver