Thread: Compound Bow Sizing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Compound Bow Sizing

Ok so I am 5'3" i am looking for a bow. i would like to start hunting by next yr my problem is what style should i get. i was measured for my draw and it was like 25-26 " i was hoping there was someone who could help me line up on a bow or place where i could find a model to start with

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

the first thing i would do is go to a bow shop, and shoot some bows.....then i would check prices online, and maybe pick up a used model on the cheap, return to bow shop, and maybe buy some aarows/accessories, and they can help you set up your bow....or if you have bow freinds they can help!! or we can help. the first step is to go shoot some bows though.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

I would steer you towards Martin's home website. Look at the catalog and see what bows can be adjusted down to your daw length. That's where I'd start. Then try to find one in your price range. Narrow your choices using some of this criteria.

Are you planning on buying new? Then check some of the other threads on here with links to the 2012 catalog. In the 2011 catalog I'd say to look at the Pantera, Exile, Ridge Hunter, or Leopard.

Before taking the leopard seriously think about how old you are and whether you might outgrow it in a year or two--or three. Just looking at these bows I'd probably recommend the Exile, but this is something you have to work out for yourself.

The best thing would be, once you narrow those choices down, to find a dealer that will set them up for you and let you shoot them and help you make a final choice.

However, if you have any more questions feel free to ask. We'll do our best to help you. And while we're at it, welcome to the Tech Forums.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

And no i didnt say go out and buy a martin.... but they offer outstanding value, performance and feel, are tack drivers, and now come with a great string set. My next bow will surely be a martin, shadowcat, scepter and alien z are all still in the running. Ive recently gone gaga all over again with my alien x, its going to be hard to get me to put it down!
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phgarcia1968 View Post
    Ok so I am 5'3" i am looking for a bow. i would like to start hunting by next yr my problem is what style should i get. i was measured for my draw and it was like 25-26 " i was hoping there was someone who could help me line up on a bow or place where i could find a model to start with

Thanks

Personally I would steer you towards a mission bow. Yes they are an offshoot of mathews but the mission is a great little bow.
    My friend just bought his second one and is very nice. 28" ata, draw length adjustment from 17 to 29" and dw from 30 to 70 lbs.

Just a thought
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.