Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Martin 2012 Bow Line Up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Thring View Post
    I find it funny that none of the big Martin boys haven't commented on this thread so could it be that they have egg on there face or they really don't care about the short draw archery.
    dont expect anyone of great importance from martin to post here,they might do a bit of reading from time to time but i think thats about it.

mission craze would fit your wife.a good friend of mine got one,he is elk hunting with it,ez to draw,dead in the hand,very quiet,DW goes from 15 to 70lbs draw 15 to 31 i think.i dont care for the bow because the ATA is 26".it looks like a cute bow.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default short draw bows

so no one has any answers as to why Martin gave short draw bows the fick

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe there is a new design on the way? Maybe they don't sell enough to make it worth carrying one?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

In the last few years, Martin has dropped the longer draw bows. If you did a survey, I think that you'd find that most on this board have a short draw length, as mentioned, find it difficult to believe that Martin has dropped the Leopard without having another bow to take it's place in the line-up.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

just give their customer service a call and see if they can come up with something for her...

Post Thanks / Like

Id look into a Bowtech Heartbreaker. I just went to one 6 weeks ago and it goes down to 22.5 inch draw and its the best short draw bow on the market. I am a fan of Martin bows and used to shoot a Cheetah. Im a short draw guy and wanted to pick up the extra speed. The bow is simply amazing !!! In 2012 Bowtech is coming out with the Assassin SD which is the same as the Heartbreaker but 70 lbs limb max. Bowtech will still have the Heartbreaker out for 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Thring View Post
    Wife will be Pissed she was looking forward to a new Martin bow for 2012 and there are no short draw bows (23" DL) is Martin losing the plot
    Please tell me if I am #@$%#$# wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter_IL_BT View Post
    Bowtech will still have the Heartbreaker out for 2012.
    I read somewhere that the Assassin is BowTech's number one selling bow. I have shot one and they have hit a home run with it. Fast, nice draw, great finish, good price. If one ever turns up cheap on Craigslist or locally I will buy it.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    I read somewhere that the Assassin is BowTech's number one selling bow. I have shot one and they have hit a home run with it. Fast, nice draw, great finish, good price. If one ever turns up cheap on Craigslist or locally I will buy it.

The Heartbreaker is an Assassin but made for short draw archers with slightly different cams. If your a short draw archer your still better off with the Heartbreaker at a 26 inch draw with 60 lbs max then you are if you used an Assassin with same settings. The Assassin is definetly a winner no doubt about it. May take a little while to find one used fairly cheap. I have a feeling the new Bowtech lineup will be better this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the HB would be a little short for me. All the bow companies are making such nice stuff they all need to be at the top of their game.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    I think the HB would be a little short for me. All the bow companies are making such nice stuff they all need to be at the top of their game.

I posted this up about the Heartbreaker for the original poster cause they were looking for a great short draw bow. You are correct about how all bow companies have to stay on top of their game. One thing I can say about Martin is that their great Customer Service will help them stay up. I honestly think Mathews is starting to fade a little. Im glad cause their bows are overated. Id raether buy a nice Martin for half the price.