Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Martin 2012 Bow Line Up

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious, from reading all these comments it seems to me that each year people need to buy the next best thing. Is it a macho thing or a fashion statement??

I have not been in this sport very long but from all my research so far most decently priced bows perform very closely to each other provided they are well maintained.

My next point is that it may take 3-4 puchases to find the bow that fits you like a glove. For me the Hoyt was unnatural & was very jerky on the draw compared to the martin I now own. Once you find that perfect bow why would one go & spend another 700 bucks for the latest model only to find it will not suit your firing style & you will always go back to your faithful old bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkember View Post

My next point is that it may take 3-4 puchases to find the bow that fits you like a glove. Once you find that perfect bow why would one go & spend another 700 bucks for the latest model only to find it will not suit your firing style & you will always go back to your faithful old bow.
    That's a good question and one I ask myself every year when I see 'new model fever' taking over various forums.

On the other hand, I do like to benefit from the rush; both my Shadowcats were bought from classified adverts and one was less than six months old.

It's an ill wind and all that.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Some folks just like to change frequently to see what they like. If you have the means why not? It's better than spending it on drugs and hookers.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Default short draw bows

I think that the question has not been answered and the reason my wife wants a new bow is so she can go to a sighted bow for field target archery, the leopard she shoots at the moment lacks a little bit of speed for the target game and anyway if she wants a new bow it her choice. This brings me to a question with the 2012 cougar bow can you get it with 1.5 nitro cams and will this reduce the draw length to 23.5 or has the 1.5 nitro cam been given the flick as well. AND BY THE WAY I SENT A EMAIL TO TECH SUPPORT ABOUT THE SHORT DRAW QUESTION OVER 10 DAYS AGO AND STILL HAVE NOT GOT A REPLY WHAT IS GOIN ON.?????!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

No. THe draw lengths on the Cougar are already using the Nitro 2.0 and 1.5 to get the range listed. They did not make it clear that the 1.5 cam is used on the low side of their listed draw lengths and the 2.0 is used on the upper side of the draw lengths. There is not one Nitro cam covering the full draw range.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Thring View Post
    I think that the question has not been answered and the reason my wife wants a new bow is so she can go to a sighted bow for field target archery, the leopard she shoots at the moment lacks a little bit of speed for the target game and anyway if she wants a new bow it her choice. This brings me to a question with the 2012 cougar bow can you get it with 1.5 nitro cams and will this reduce the draw length to 23.5 or has the 1.5 nitro cam been given the flick as well. AND BY THE WAY I SENT A EMAIL TO TECH SUPPORT ABOUT THE SHORT DRAW QUESTION OVER 10 DAYS AGO AND STILL HAVE NOT GOT A REPLY WHAT IS GOIN ON.?????!!!!!!
    call,don't email. they'll answer the phone. just pay attention to the diff in time zones so you're calling during business hours...Washington time
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

See if you can get a custom order. I have heard that they do custom order & they are pretty reasonable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Thring View Post

Bowtech's Heartbreaker just came out with a new awesome Razzberry color. Here is the perfect target bow for her. DL goes down to 22.5 she will get blazing speeds with a light arrow.

http://www.bowtecharchery.com/#/prod..._products&i=15