Thread: has anyone experienced this ?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default has anyone experienced this ?

my vision has been deteriorating ,i have been wearing glasses ,but i cant shoot my bow with them on,this past week i hooked up with some contacts, well my first shots were 1 foot high and 1 foot left, prior to this new thing i was wackin xs i had hoped i could wear the contacts hunting, and with this upset have lost my confidence.my pins were clear as day, but at twenty yards,the target was a blur , i took them out and` with a little time to over come the shock i am almost back to what i was , any input would help alot , if u have had this happen ,

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have worn contacts for years. I remember the first couple months, it was a time of getting use to them. It takes a while for the eyes to adjust. I would get some rewetting drops to keep on you for the first months. The drops will help keep them wet so they don't blur. Once your eyes get use to them you should be able to shoot real well. I have bifocal contacts now and I am able to hit at 20yards as well as 70yards.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Im rocking 20/10 vision, no problem here!
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

I had RK surgery done when I was around 23. I was tired of Contacts popping out or I would leave them on too long or have carry saline solution with me. If I blinked too fast, a contact would pop out. I am still 20/20 and I'm now 36. The best money I ever spent. RK is outdated now...it's all lasers now I believe. They just used a knife on me.

Post Thanks / Like

i wear multifocal glasses pretty much all the time. need them to drive safely, to read, watch TV, work etc. have worn them for about 5 years. i shoot barebow and cant shoot without them. of the 3 pairs i own, there is only one pair that i can shoot with. the other 2 cause distortion and strange images and curves when i aim. having a high anchor and short draw length causes the string to contact the frame of one pair, which in turn moves the frame into my line of vision. an optometrist suggested contacts (with a distance lens) for shooting, and carrying readers for closer stuff like writing score cards, adjusting nocks, checking plungers and rests etc. have learnt to use my binoculars while wearing my glasses. i have 3d nationals in a few weeks and will be trying contacts for the first time after then. happy shooting.

Post Thanks / Like

yep i kinna think its the distortion thing fer sure, i took them out after` the post i made took a few shots, to get my confidences back up , but i am busting xs again , wow really a disappointment, i did shoot my rifle when i got them ,had to really adjust the scope , A LOT, but i was shooting better then ever . guess i will still give it ago when i get home from werk tonight,i really want these things to werk,i was amazed how much better i can see,my pins were clear, but the target, looked like it was in a fog, and shocked as i was i was shooting that much different.thanks for all the positive input . i hope this werks out