Thread: adjusting draw on a Jaguar & Bengal

charlesc

Default adjusting draw on a Jaguar & Bengal

Just wondering if anyone could help me with adjusting the draw length on a magmum Jaguar. It has a 1, 2 & 3 on the cam. It's setting on the 3 now and I need a shorter draw length. Would going to the 1 do the job? I just bought 2 martin bows and both draw lengths are to long. The other is a Bengal and I'm told I need a bag of cams or something like that to shorten it. Can anyone help me out by telling me where I can obtain them. These are the first Martins I've owned so I know nothing about them. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

If either bow has the DynaCam or the MPro cam you don't need any cams. There is a module set you can get that will have 7 modules in it. They are numbered F1-F7 with #1 being the shortest. Changing them is as easy as loosening the module screws and just swapping them out.

If one of the screws is hidden behind a limb you just need to squeeze the cable to rotate the cam so you can get at it.

If you have a Martin dealer anywhere close he should have modules for it (them).

Deer_Predator

Quote Originally Posted by charlesc View Post
    Just wondering if anyone could help me with adjusting the draw length on a magmum Jaguar. It has a 1, 2 & 3 on the cam. It's setting on the 3 now and I need a shorter draw length. Would going to the 1 do the job? I just bought 2 martin bows and both draw lengths are to long. The other is a Bengal and I'm told I need a bag of cams or something like that to shorten it. Can anyone help me out by telling me where I can obtain them. These are the first Martins I've owned so I know nothing about them. Thanks.

How long is too long? If it is minimal (about 3/4 to an inch) you may be able to put them on a press and move to the #1 peg. If it is way too long you will definately have to change out your module.

Just out of curiosity what is your draw length? I shoot a 07' cheetah, my draw length is around 29.5. I put on the f-7 module and use a string loop. That pretty much puts me there.

charlesc

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Predator View Post
    How long is too long? If it is minimal (about 3/4 to an inch) you may be able to put them on a press and move to the #1 peg. If it is way too long you will definately have to change out your module.

Just out of curiosity what is your draw length? I shoot a 07' cheetah, my draw length is around 29.5. I put on the f-7 module and use a string loop. That pretty much puts me there.

I have both bows at a dealer now, have for a week now and still waiting to hear if they can do anything to help. The draw now is something near 30 or 31. My draw lenght is 27.5. The Bengal has no little knobs to move the string to but the Jaguar has 3. It's set on the number 3 now but still way to long. I'm hoping they let me know something soon. Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

Man, they should have draw length mods at the shop if they are a Martin dealer. Martin ships all there bows with a full module kit that covers the complete draw length range of that bow. In other words, if you bought them from a Martin dealer then he should have given you the module kit, too.

You still didn't say which cams are on the bows, but the Bengal shoud have the MPro cam. The Jag might have the DynaCam single cam. If this is so then the same modules fit both bows. They are designated as "F" mods and come in sizes 1-7.

For a 27" draw on the Bengal you need an F3 mod. F4 for 28".

The Jag w/Dynacam calls for an F1 mod for 27" and an F2 for 28".

Hope this info helps some. And if your inclined this info is available right here under "Bow Cam Charts".