Thread: rytera limbs (powertuff)

Post Thanks / Like

Default rytera limbs (powertuff)

i just got my rytera alien x back from the bowshop today. had new limbs put on it. only had to wait 2 weeks minus 1 day. not to bad for the limbs coming from wash state to Pa. by the looks of the limbs rytera must be using martins new powertuff limbs and not the barnsdale limbs anymore. the limbs have the slot cut in the limb where the limb bolt goes thru, just like all the other martins. i hope they will hold up as good as the barnsdales.

Post Thanks / Like

My barnsdales have the same cut, like the martin limbs. What do you have for deflection numbers on your limbs?
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    My barnsdales have the same cut, like the martin limbs. What do you have for deflection numbers on your limbs?
    Yep, short of sanding the finish off the side of the limbs, the only way to tell the difference is by the deflection numbers. The Barnsdales will have something like a 115, 135, 155 while the PowerTuffs will be something like a 3HP, 3MP, 3LP, 4HP, 4MP, 4LP, etc......

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

the numbers are 1mp 8041. so i guess i have martin limbs? i hope they hold up to the massive amount of shooting i do. im shooting over 6 grains per pound, so im not even close to I.B.O. standards. well i will just have to set it up again and see what happens. wish me luck guys....

Post Thanks / Like

The Barnesdale limbs were used on Rytera bows mostly during 2009 and 2010 while Martin was developing the Powertuff limbs. Even some 2011 bows have Barnesdale limbs as those on my Nemisis. Their previous laminated limbs were good limbs for many years, but just wouldn't hold up to pounding of these new aggressive cams. The ultra short bows of today create a lot of limb twist at or near the limb forks as that is where most of the failures resulted. The Power Tuff limbs are a solid core limb and so far have a pretty good track record. You don't hear as much chatter about limb failures any more. Hopefully yours will be in that catagory.

Welcome to the forums.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver