Thread: Ted Nugent Pro Safari

scott473

Default Ted Nugent Pro Safari

Hi all, I have a Martin Pro Safari in need of cables and string. I have searched high and low for any and all information about this bow. I know its old, but thats all I know.

If anybody knows anything about this bow, other then saying its old (LOL) it would be much appreciated.

~Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I assume by the rigging I see that it has steel cables. Nobody that I know stocks them any more for any bow. And I don't know the string length, sorry.

If you dead set on having new cables made you might contact Lancaster Archery Supply. They may be able to make you some. For a string, with a bow this old, I'd recommend dacron or B50 to be on the safe side. I don't think the limbs would hold up to any type of fast flight.

I can only assume that you want to restore this bow for whatever reason. However if your intention is to have a bow to shoot I think it would be better to look for a more modern, used bow. Probably more cost effective.

scott473

I have my HCA for hunting and shooting. I wanted to get this bow back up and working for bowfishing. I was shooting just fine with it before the string snapped at the knock point.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be OK for that. Take a look at the cable ends where the tear drops attach. If it looks OK then I'd just replace the string and get to shootin. However, I can't help you with the length.

FYI, if it does have steel cables then use adacron or B50 string.

scott473

Yes it does have steel cables. They look alright to me other then the plastic casing about 1/2 an in from the teardrops theres just bare cable. It looks like it came that way, but I don't know. Its the same for both teardrops.

Thanks for the tips on adacron or B50 string.

~Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I meant dacron or B50. Hope you caught that. I don't think the cables should be a problem. If one breaks then so be it.

The reason for the string suggestion is that the newer synthetics don't stretch enough when shot. It puts too much stress on the cables and limbs of older bows. One or both could break. Limb materials and such are better today.

Take care of that old thing and happy fishing.