Thread: Couple of questions....

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Couple of questions....

I just picked up a 2008 Sabre, and this is my first bow. It is set for a #60 draw. Should I take the draw weight down to make it easier to get used to? or would it be better to get used to it the way it is? The draw length fits me pretty well the way it is now. Thanks for the suggestions, and I look forward to checking in here often!

to reduce the draw weight, I'm assuming it would be the allen screws on either limb?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

first off welcome to the forum and im sorry to tell yathis but your bow is a 2005.the limb sticker where it says bow# thouse first 2 numbers are the year the bow was made.to let down the draw weight then justback out your limb bolts 1 turn at a tim keep each turn on each side even.1 turn = 3lbs.i make a mark on my limb bolt and limb to make sure i am keepin the turns even.i alson use my feeler gages to make sure it has a even gap,but thats just me.

you can tightn down your limb bolts all the way then make your mark to ensure you have even marks...does that make sence?
    Last edited by gravedigger; 10-29-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, that makes sense...thanks for the reply.....and i meant 2005, was thinking about something else, and typing at the same time...a bad combo for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the dyna cam i really liked it on my jaguar i had,if your shooting good with 60# then stay there but if your having trouble and sacrifising good form then yes i would drop it down until it feels right to you.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm able to put all the arrows on target, albeit in a grouping of about 2 square feet from 20 yards. I'm thinking it's a form issue, as i'm new to this. I noticed my elbow "dropping" a few times at release. I'm gonna leave it at 60#, and go to form school!

(I could blame the OK wind......... )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nscshwn08 View Post
    I'm able to put all the arrows on target, albeit in a grouping of about 2 square feet from 20 yards. I'm thinking it's a form issue, as i'm new to this. I noticed my elbow "dropping" a few times at release. I'm gonna leave it at 60#, and go to form school!

(I could blame the OK wind......... )
    Well if your bow is tuned and draw length adjusted to you,arrows are cut to offer good foc,and spined right draw weight is to your liking you should be hitting better than what you say.Even being new to the sport you want bow in tune,i mean rest installed correctly,if its a dropway timed accordingly,peep sight setup to you,sight setup right.All these things need to be setup before you start.Good form and a tuned bow go hand in hand,also if you have a release with a long rod where your finger is barely hitting trigger you need to get rid of it and use a release with a short rod to where your finger curls over the trigger.
    With your bow in tune and good form to start you will be much better off than a badly tuned bow and good form or vise a versa.