Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: martin antique hoses ohio dandy

Post Thanks / Like

Default martin antique hoses ohio dandy

bdeer.jpg my classic tracer still slayin deer...knox county 9 pointer...never saw a deer lick a bow string but he was playing with it with his antlers and licking it and he finally gave me a clean **** and the rage blades put him down

Post Thanks / Like

Nice buck, but where's the ole Tracer? And just how was it that the buck was licking your bowstring, I've heard of close shoots, but did you have to back up to get the shot off?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

It was in the back of the truck there but through the excitement I didn't get it in the picture. I had to be patient and wait for him to walk in front of me. It was such a windy day Saturday. Gusts were 20-30mph and I was swaying in the pine tree all day. Almost didn't go but glad I did now. Haven't missed with that bow yet and all these people tell me to update but why when I'm still shootin good at 3d shoots and still downing deer. Hard to update for the prices anymore and still eatin good ha

Post Thanks / Like

Nice buck! I'd like to take one that size this year.

How was he licking the bow string if you were in a tree stand?
    Last edited by MLN1963; 11-14-2011 at 08:00 AM.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the buck. Welcome to MTF.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I've shot many deer with my bow. It's the only compound I've ever shot. My rope that I use to pull bow up was blowing in the wind and he saw it and was amused with it. It was the hardest thing looking down at him trying not to laugh. Almost felt bad shootin him. Still a little young but I've been away in Arizona for a year and he looked too good up close. Had a broken time otherwise he would have been a decent 10. He's a p&y 130s. Look good when I'm done with the mount

Post Thanks / Like

Every kill is a trophy in my book be proud if it. Where were you in Zona?. I lived in Yuma. I'm hoping to move back down to Lake havasu city.

Post Thanks / Like

I was in surprise. It was nice but miss my mid west hunting.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Congrats!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dink53 View Post
    Almost didn't go but glad I did now. Haven't missed with that bow yet and all these people tell me to update but why when I'm still shootin good at 3d shoots and still downing deer. Hard to update for the prices anymore and still eatin good ha
    I know the feeling well. I know theres lighter, faster bows avaible, but I'm a long way from wearing these 3 Martins out. Poor ole Tracer still shootin her heart out for ya and can't get in the pic, My Sayer slid off the bucks chest just before my son took this pic with the last bit of energy left in my Nicons battery, camera went belly upght after this shot.
    Would be nice if I'd remember to include the link, huh?

Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 11-14-2011 at 05:45 PM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade