Thread: Once again... filled a tag with my Martin!!! (ONE GRAPHIC PHOTO INCLUDED)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Once again... filled a tag with my Martin!!! (ONE GRAPHIC PHOTO INCLUDED)

Here in ND we have the option to get additional doe tags for gun season, or to be used during bow or muzzleloader seasons. That being said, I filled yet another doe tag with my Martin Cheetah! We usually keep these tags for rifle season, but I decided to fill my last doe tag with my bow.

It was getting close to dark, and I had not seen much all night except for a doe and fawn a couple hundred yards out. I took my harness off the tree, and began to decend down my ladder when I heard footsteps in leaves running in. I turned around and saw deer headed my way and fast. I crawled back up, put an arrow on and waited. A smaller deer (which looked like a button buck) was in clear sight, but two others stood behind some trees. A nice sized doe stepped out from the tree, so I got to full draw. I was aiming right on the chest, and she quickly ran back behind the tree. I let the bow down. Looking at the pins to be sure I could shoot if she stepped out again, I began wondering if I should just get down and scare them away. Just as my hand was on my arrow, ready to remove it from my string, she ran into a perfect opening. I drew back once again, put the pin on her chest, and ONCE AGAIN she turned to go behind that tree. She gave my a hard quartering to shot at 25 yards, and I sunk my rage 2 blade right over her shoulder and watched my RED Nockturnal nock zig zag through the trees before it stopped moving. I got down and went to grab my dad and went back to where the nock was glowing. We began tracking from that point and found TONS of blood spray and found her just 20 yards from where the arrow fell out, a total distance of 80 yards from the shot. Over the shoulder, through the heart, shattered her right shoulder! Who says rage can't do damage! I did bend a blade, but it was my second deer with the same broadhead, so I can't complain.

First pic is of the doe, second is of the great entry hole, and the third BULLSEYE
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

But Martins are no good and can't hit the broadside of a barn. But they can hit the fly on the side of that barn! Nice job pizzadave. A good harvest.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

nuttin' like shuttin down the boiler room. awesome shot on a hefty doe. good job!
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Well done and congrats on the super shooting.

Post Thanks / Like

nice congrats!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good Job Pizza.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.