Thread: Bengal Idler wheel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bengal Idler wheel

My new 2010 Bengal Magnum is chewing on the String. There doesn't seem to be any cam lean, just some acute angle from cable slide up to the idler. Anyone got any solutions?

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, If you could post some pics. It would help immensely. First are these the original strings or a new set? A new set might be a different in diameter. Also a good thing to do is take a cotton ball on the idler wheel and see if it has any burrs.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum.pics would be great and as hutch said check for burs,or a bend in the wheel

Post Thanks / Like

My idler on my 2010 Firecat has a sharp edge on one side and radiused on the other. The "spokes" of the idler should be facing forward if that makes sense to get the sharp edge on the left and the radiused on the right. I noticed the later ones are radiused on both sides. Also, stock string stinks. Aftermarket should be served thru the idle and that will help.

Post Thanks / Like

if they are custom strings u got to make sure they are to specs, i just spent a year dealing with my buss cable almost 1/2in too short. hutch hooked me up with some stellar strings that ive had no problems with and are factory specs. If a new set is needed check with him.
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

This link might help once you identify your problem.
    http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...ler+wheel+lean

Run a search for your issue; there are many posts on the subject w/ pics.
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Bengal Idler

Thanks to all for the quick replies. As I said it is a brand new in the box Bengal. Factory strings and cable I assume. I am also concerned now with the acute angle from slide to Wheels. in looking at a buddy's 2011 Ridge Hunter that angle is not nearly as acute. (when viewed from the rear, looking towards the sight)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charandcar View Post
    Thanks to all for the quick replies. As I said it is a brand new in the box Bengal. Factory strings and cable I assume. I am also concerned now with the acute angle from slide to Wheels. in looking at a buddy's 2011 Ridge Hunter that angle is not nearly as acute. (when viewed from the rear, looking towards the sight)
    you need to check ATA(axle to axle),brace height.i will post pics of my wheel when i get home.i have a bunch i took.it does have lean.but shoots great.