Thread: Dropped bow from treestand-ouch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dropped bow from treestand-ouch

Well I was up about 15' and getting settled in to my new climber, had pulled my bow up and hung it on a handy branch when I shfted to do something and bumped my bow. Got real lucky, climbed down and expected the worse, bent cam or worse. Inspected bow really well and the only thing I found wrong was the containment bar on my RipCord was bent beyound repair. Made a test shot into a tree and all was good. Lesson learned to secure your bow really well before you do anything else. I was tied off and all and am glad it was the bow and not me that took the spill. Be Careful out there.

Senior Member Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear Bob! no major damage but most of all you didn't take that fall.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear you are okay. Bows can be replaced, you cannot be.

I thought the RC containment bar was flexible plastic? I'm sure you can get another one easy enough.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Already done, called RipCord and within 3 or 4 days two new replacements were at my door. Seasons over for me this year, but I saw a dandy where I was at. Will probably do a post season scout with the trail camera to see if he's still around, nice muley buck. Hunting for me is a year long enjoyment, next years bow, places to hunt, deer to watch it, never grows old. Just finished watching the movie "Big" with the wife and seems when it comes to the enjoyment of the outdoors, I never grow up. I envey you guys that have long seasons and can hunt during the rut.

Post Thanks / Like

You would enjoy the archery season here in Oklahoma. Oct 1- Jan 15 6 deer limit, 2 can be bucks.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

That's not even right! Have a sister in Kansas, maybe I should relocate. South of Oregon and North of Tijuana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    That's not even right! Have a sister in Kansas, maybe I should relocate. South of Oregon and North of Tijuana.
    It's a short drive from KS. You can get a NR season archery license for $280 and $20 a deer tag.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/on...escription.asp
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad that you are safe. Like the others have stated above, bows can be replaced. I actually lost a bow two seasons ago when I slid down the side of a canyon hunting turkey. I lost the entire bow beyond repair when I slid on some shale rock and fell on my back. I had my bow strapped to my back. It was a PSE brute. I destroyed the bow, the quiver and even some of the arrows. I made sure all of the Broad heads were accounted for. I was pissed but was sure glad to be alright except for a little neck pain.