Thread: SpottHogg sight

Post Thanks / Like

Default SpottHogg sight

Has had any experience with these sights?? It seems a decent price as long as the bidding does not go bonkers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2608826032...84.m1438.l2649

Advice on any other brands would be most welcomed

Post Thanks / Like

I have no personal experience with Spott Hog. I know from other forums that they have reported quality customer service and quality products. Depending on what your gonna use it for and the distance .29 pins are alright. I prefer .19's. I use a Sword 3rd plane with extension bar with 6 .19 pins. I can swap them out if I want with thinner or thicker pins. It all depends on the distance you'll be shooting at. A thick pin will cover up the X or vitals at longer distances. My two cents.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a Real Deal on one bow and a HoggIt in it's box. Without going into a whole lot of detail have no fear about their quality. The Real Deal comes with 5 pins and these can be changed out very easily for different sizes if you wish. There is a wire positioned in the vertical center of the guard to help with vertical alignment. Nice feature if you have eyes young enough to see it. Their fibers aren't the brightest when compared to a lot of wrapped sights today, but they should do you well if you get it. One thing nice about the sight is that by loosening a locking screw you can gang adjust for both vertical and horizontal. It's not what I'd call micro adjust as there are no click stops. I like to refer to it as infinite adjustment.

As for customer service. I couldn't tell you. As with most quality products I doubt that you'll ever be in need of repairs. I doubt that that price is going to be stagnant. Stateside price is about $130 so that's probably about $100 Euro.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    As for customer service. I couldn't tell you. As with most quality products I doubt that you'll ever be in need of repairs.
    This is how it is supposed to be. I sure wish all companies were that way!
    Firecat 400