Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: onza 3

Post Thanks / Like

Curt,

Thanks for the information. A couple things. Where the cable makes it's transition from the cam to module is one place to keep an eye on for serving wear. Mine are the same way on both my Ryteras. It's not bad, but I do keep an eye on the servings in that location. The screw in my draw stop was a little long just as you desribe. I never thought about using a washer myself as it would have to be small enough to fit inside the head of the draw stop. I just put mine in a vise and filed it down about 1/16" and all is well.

Wish you luck with it now that you've changed it. It never hurts to experiment and find out for yourself just what is what.

Now that I think about it a small thin washer between the draw stop peg and the cam would serve the same purpose as filing the screw down. I guess that's what you did. Simple and easy.
    Last edited by bfisher; 11-05-2011 at 03:00 AM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

thats exactly what i did and it does work. i think i have learned a good leason from this , don't buy a first run new bow. i've had several new martin bows and may buy another one in 2012 i want be in hurry, i've also picked up a few at a good price on AT that were sold simply because they didn't know how to time them properly & were noisey the timming usually cures the noise problem. i hope that martin does something about these cams. it is simply a machining problem when the mod. doesn't line up with the cam grove. i got this onza 3 from a dealer in georgia , it has been a good shooting bow but full of little problems, in my opinion the trg is a flop, the little triangle just above the arrow shelf what ever goes there is missing. had to build my own sts bracket because the early risers wern't machined for that and i converted to a cable slide because the cable was wearing out where it slides through trg. and now the cam issue. but i still think i have a good hunting bow. its a good thing i like to tinker & able to fix some of these problems myself. i'm big into DIY, i have raved enough .
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    my cams look exactly like those !
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Really? I'm the only one they ever heard of having this problem!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I checked both of my Onzas, and the string and cables all lay flush in their respective places. Factory stings and cables.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

called joel today about the cams , sending them along with the trg into martin tommorrow. we will see what they think when they see them. i hope they replace them with a good set. i'm about half scared to shoot the bow after seeing how the string was laying so high above the cam groove. it only takes one time with the string jumping out of the groove to hurt someone or damage the bow.
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    You won't gain anything by switching to the Hybrix cams. Other than one saying Hybrix 2.0 and the other saying Nitro they are the same cam. When my Nemisis came this year it actually had one of each on it. The bow shot OK, but the Nitro was replaced with another Hybrix for aesthetic reasons.
    i forgot to mention when i changed to the hybrex 2.0 the cam groove was deeper and it alined with the mod.
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

i got the new nitro cams and all the things for the tgr switch over, the new cams are a lot better than the ones i sent in at least the cam groove aligns with the mod. groove & the groove is a little deeper should work ok. the inside edge of the cam groove is factory beveled i want have to file these. [joel did good] customer service is great!
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,