Thread: Your Opinion on the New Camo on Martin Bows

flytier17

Default Your Opinion on the New Camo on Martin Bows

I am wondering why Martin changed from Mossy Oak to Realtree in 07.

I love Mossy Oak. The patterns they have are more versatile. Also, their quality control is much higher. Mossy oak camo always looks the same, no matter which brand it is on. Mossy Oak takes measures to ensure this.

However, Realtree means anything! I have seen a belt on sale at an outdoors store that was basically army camo with leaves. I was advertised as Realtree Hardwoods Green HD. Some Realtree Hardwoods Green is basically Realtree Hardwoods with green leaves, not brown. You can see this on Darton Bows, and Rocky clothing. Others interperet Realtree Hardwoods Green as Realtree Hardwoods with a green base layer, not tan. you can see this in H.S. products, and BassPro's clothing. No quality controll whatsoever!

However, Mossy Oak is always found to be the same. The only difference might be when a cotton shirt fades, and you compare it to a print on Gore-Tex. The patterns are still the same though.

Realtree in my opinion sucks. Their standard Hardwoods pattern might be OK in a treestand, but on a turkey hunt it is terrible. The new AP, and APG are better, but you will also notice that it is more similar to Mossy Oak also.

I have gone to lengths ot obtain my new Slayer in an 06 model for this reason.

I hope that their will be enough people to sympathize with this, that Martin changes back sometime in the future. I think that Martin has taken a backwards step by changing.

I will never choose a bow based on camo pattern, but it is nice to have a better pattern to shoot with.

Please respond to this forum thread with your opinion for or against the change. I want to see where you guys stand in this.

Thanks,
    Alec

Post Thanks / Like

For the bow I could care less. I don't think any of these "latest and greatest" camo patterns are that geat. At a distance or up in a tree they all look like a big blob. Really, if deer see in shades of black and white and grey, just what do green and brown look like to a deer?

Give me a camo suit in good old ASAT or Predator Fall Gey or Brown any day.

jackjr

Wink Camo doesn't matter

to me. Number one is how that bow shoots. Course I wouldn't want a bow in Hot Pink for huntin' season. For cloting I still like the original Treebark from the early 70s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackjr View Post
    to me. Number one is how that bow shoots. Course I wouldn't want a bow in Hot Pink for huntin' season. For cloting I still like the original Treebark from the early 70s.
    So what's the matter with Hot Pink? That with purle and pink strings would definitely be different.

jackjr

Default WELLLllllllllllll

If I was a goil hot pink and purple wouldn't be too bad. I do like the glo in the dark purple and neon green though.

Post Thanks / Like

There ya go!!!!!!!! Something different.

flytier17

I like TreBark too. Good breakup, and simple. However, black bear and esp. turkey might require more detailed patterns.

Like I said, camo pattern plays no role whatsoever in how I choose a bow. But, it is nice to have a nice color.

Alec