Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whisker biscuit vs. Drop away...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whisker biscuit vs. Drop away...

Just wondering what everyone thought about the pro's and cons of a drop away vs. a biscuit? At the archery shop today the tech was convinced the biscuit was the best thing ever, and a customer was vehement that the drop away was the best thing since sliced bread....

Post Thanks / Like

ive always used a biscuit. ive tried dropaways but they just werent my thing. to me its just one more thing to go wrong mechanically. the biscuit is a no frills, easy to adjust, all around simple rest. thats just my opinion though
    2010 Martin BoneHunter- 29/60- Martin WhiskerBiscuit-Victory V1 Arrows-Vanetecs-Meatseeker Broadheads-Extreme Hunter TS Sight

Aim Small.....Miss Small

Post Thanks / Like

I also use a WB and like it, but now there are newer rests like Octane Hostage or NAP Quicktune 360,etc. I've never used a drop-away rest, but it seems that most of the archers here in the forum prefer it, because there's no contact with the shaft during the flight with all the benefits of this.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not both?
    http://midatlanticarchery.com/arrow-rests/

The Tri-Van is both take a look!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

i prefer drop rests. Trophy Taker,actually. but I'm really liking the G5 Expert 2 on my Quest. the Diamond is sporting the original whisker biscuit. easy to use and adjust. no scratchy sounds like i got from the Hostage pro. so far,so good with the biscuit. no complaints,but still prefer a drop rest.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

They bolth work great. The wb is generally lighter and foolproof. Drops are nearly foolproof. But some may have containment issues. Bolth shoot great though.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Shot all summer with the whisker biscuit on my Trophy Hunter and liked it. When I bought my Silencer I put a QAD Hunter on it and am liking it also. No preference hear, bot work great.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Drop Away.

Rip Cord Code Red.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the hostage on my bow and had no noise or containment issues. Now I did loose the whisker part one day walking from the tree to my car so I am not fond of the plastic on it. I am seriously looking at the Quicktune 360 as the adjustment parts are metal and seem less likely to drop off on the walk in and out of the field. Seriously pissed off about that I may look for it the next time I am in that part of the woods.

Post Thanks / Like

im also looking into this rest.i think it is kind of cool
    http://www.trophyridge.com/arrow-rests/revolution/