Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whisker biscuit vs. Drop away...

Post Thanks / Like

WD40 be careful when using it. It is a degreasent & will remove all lubrication from mechanical parts. By all means use it as a deep cleaner then you must dry off & reapply a suitable lubricant such as graphite powder or Tri Flow. I do know since i ride motocycles & it is the one product we steer well clear of unless trying to remove a rusted exhaust stud

Post Thanks / Like

Whisker biscuit is like training wheels on a bike it's nice to start with but once you get going it's time to move to a dropaway.......ya thats something you would here on AT isnt it....But really ive used both over the years and i prefer a dropaway for me im more accurate at farther distance's and i can get the same containment from many dropaway rest.
    But there's absolutely nothing wrong with a WB...................

Post Thanks / Like

i use the quad hunter rest on all my bows and if they are set right they are better than sliced bread. and they are very easy to set. set the trip cable tight enough for the 2 little white lines under the thumb bar to align. now i didn't say this and don't agree with it, i don't want no one to get mad i'm just repeating what a martin dealer said, WB are for little boys and girls .
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

I have used both and not had any problems with either. Used the biscuit for 10 years, but switched to a QAD ultra rest on new bow. Never had a fletch tearing issue with biscuit either.
    2003 Martin Prowler SE
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT
    Easton Arrows
    Trophy Ridge Sights
    QAD Rest
    Crimson Talon XT broadheads

Post Thanks / Like

well a buskit contains the arrow and it also slows it down a little when it goes hrough and it can mass up your shot by torking your bow but a drop away elimiATES all thoes things

Post Thanks / Like

lol drop aways dont keep your pins from moving when you torque your bow!!! that can affect your poi more that the aarow flight!!!
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkember View Post
    WD40 be careful when using it. It is a degreasent & will remove all lubrication from mechanical parts. By all means use it as a deep cleaner then you must dry off & reapply a suitable lubricant such as graphite powder or Tri Flow. I do know since i ride motocycles & it is the one product we steer well clear of unless trying to remove a rusted exhaust stud
    FYI: your taking to someone with four decades of riding, mostly dirt and know all about WD-40. That was a poor choice of brand names for this topic.........I guess I used "WD-40" as a generic term for a lube as I hear some use "Jeep" for a 4x4 regardless of brand.
    I actually use same lubes I use on my guns, like Hoppe's products, Rem-Oil or maybe mentioned Tri-Flow. Lubes I know won't freeze or thicken and cause problems during cold late hunts.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove