Thread: Octane Hostage help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Octane Hostage help

Seeing as my hostage rest did not wish to stay attached to my bow for more that two trips up the tree I have since decided to move on to a NAP QuickTune 360. What I need is if someone has a hostage rest can you measure the drop from the horizontal bar of the rest to the top of the bottom whisker? Also can you measure the markings on the vertical adjustment bat and let me know the distance between them? I know that my hostage was tuned so that the 2nd hash mark up from the middle was where it was tuned at and when I get the new rest I want to be able to put it on the bow fairly close to where the hostage was so my tuning time is quicker. Hopefully this makes sense to you guys.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't quite know what you're looking for because every bow might tune a little differently and as such require slightly different rest settings. If your bow was, as you said, tuned fairly well why don't you take a few measurements of your own as it is now. Like measure the centershot position. Nock an arrow and measure from the sight window to the center of the shaft. For vertical you could measure from some reference point such as the top edge of the top roto cup to the top of the arrow where it sits on the rest. These might not be precise, but should give you very close approximations on where to set the new rest up. Then do some fine tuning from there.

Another one you could use for the vertical setup of the rest is to measure from the stabilizer up to the shaft. There are lots of ways to get around just guessing.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Barry beat me to the punch on suggestions. I would eyeball what you have now and roughly duplicate it but it can't end there.

IMO you will never be able to just take measurements, duplicate them and go back to having a perfectly tuned bow. You are switching types of rests and the way the arrow slides across the brushes , different stiffness bristles, holding tension and more could make a difference in the way arrow flight is affected. Get it roughed in and start the tuning process. Here is a link to one method of doing it. In the end I gave up with the string (eyes aren't what they once were) and used lines on paper instead but the results are the same. There are a lot of good ways to do it mentioned on this site and others. Choose your poison and get started.

http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...est-Alignment)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f25Wr1EULRg
    Firecat 400