Thread: Too much let off on the Shadowcat?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Too much let off on the Shadowcat?

ok, i went to the larry wise seminar this weekend. learned quite a bit, i think. i'm now looking for a used tru ball sweet spot ultra three finger. anybody got one for sale?

anyway, the tech there at Presley's checked the weight on my Shadowcat. it was 50 pound on the draw but only 5 pounds on the let off! 90 percent let off??? sounded crazy.

when he drew it back there seemed to be alot of travel after the cam rolled over. soooooo.....rather than play with the draw stop i moved the modules to the next higher hole to add 1/2 inch to the draw. that seemed to take care of quite a bit of the excess travel on the cams when they rolled over, but the holding weight was still around 6 pounds.

i don't know what effect this high let off has on the efficiency of the back tension release, but i suspect it ain't good for it.

question: how do i increase holding weight without jacking up the draw weight out of sight or losing all the let off?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosII View Post

question: how do i increase holding weight without jacking up the draw weight out of sight or losing all the let off?
    There is no way to increase your holding weight without affecting the let off that i know of. The let off is what gives you your holding weight. I.E. they are directly related. If you shorten your draw stop that will increase the holding weight and reduce the let off. This will change your draw length some as well but shorter is easier to overcome than longer.
    Firecat 400

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One question is the string the right length?

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

String is the right length.
    thanks for the comments.